Chapter Twenty-One: Percy

All Rights Reserved!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Twenty-One

Percy

Percy knew that one day he would end up needing the Stolls help to steal something, he just didn’t think it would be so soon.

When Percy announced this to the others, everyone—especially Leo—agreed readily, although Annabeth was rather reluctant.

“I know we need someone from the Hermes cabin, but does it have to be the Stolls?” she complained.

“They’re the best fit for the job, and you know it,” Percy countered.

“I do know that. You win,” Annabeth grumbled.

“Thanks, Wise Girl,” Percy said pecking her on the cheek. He would have kissed her properly, but they had an audience, so Percy restrained himself.

“Can you get them, Nico?” Percy asked. As he finished the sentence, the young boy had already left.

A few minutes later Nico returned with the brothers towed behind him. “Gods, I don’t think anyone can appreciate shadow-traveling unless they’re related to Hades,” Connor said.

“I take offence to that you know,” Nico said crossing his arms.

“Whatever,” Travis said. “So, what do you need us to steal?”

“An amulet,” Percy said simply. “An amulet that has the power to let witches and wizards cast spells on demigods. In the wrong hands it can be dangerous, which it has already proven itself to be.”

“Holy Hera,” Connor marveled when Percy and Annabeth finished telling their story of their short time at Hogwarts. It was the start of classes already so it was just the demigods.

“Yup,” Percy said.

“When are we going to do this?” Travis asked.

“I think we should do it now, while the wizards are still in school,” Percy replied. “They may be good with spells, but Neculai is part of both species, we stand a better chance without them.”

“As much as I hate to say it,” Annabeth said, “Percy’s right. It’s dangerous for them too.”

“Then what’s the plan?” Connor asked.

“We don’t need a plan,” Thalia said. “We get in, we get out. It’s as simple as that.”

Everyone looked to Annabeth for confirmation. “That’s it,” she nodded.

“Then let’s go,” Connor and Travis said in unison.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Everyone stood outside of the throne room. Percy was anxious. Annabeth had given her Yankees hat to Connor to use (because she trusted him more) while Travis was being as cautious as he could be. Together, they crept into the room.

Percy was worried, even though they were sons of Hermes, the Stolls weren’t exactly known for their stealth. But at the same time, Percy had no doubts. Despite their lack of stealth, they could still pickpocket someone or steal something without anyone noticing.

What seemed like hours later, the Stolls returned, out of breath. “Leave, now!” they yelled as they ran past everyone. Luckily, only Annabeth, Percy, Nico, Connor, and Travis had come.

Connor and Travis hopped onto Mrs. O’Leary who was waiting and quickly shadow-traveled back to Hogwarts. Nico grabbed Percy and Annabeth’s hands as they ran, and led them towards some shadows.

Percy caught a glimpse of the guards chasing after them. They wailed in frustration when they saw their chase was hopeless.  Percy’s last image of Newern Castle for the time being was of Neculai studying him carefully.

Nico sighed and collapsed to the ground when they arrived in the infirmary. Percy dug out a piece of ambrosia from his backpack which was laying nearby, and fed it to the pale boy. Nico sighed again and said, “I’m good, let’s take a look at that amulet.”

“Alright,” Percy said offering Nico a hand up.

The demigods sat in a circle and Percy was about to ask the Stolls for the amulet, when Harry burst into the infirmary, closely followed by Ginny, Hermione, Neville, and Ron.

“You went without us?” Harry demanded.

“Yup,” Percy said sheepishly.

“Is that the amulet?”

A/N Ooooh! At least they got the amulet. . . .

Question 22=What is the name of Leo's aunt that is mentioned in the books?

Aunt Rosa