Lunch Time

-Lunch Shadow's p.o.v-

I thought this time would never come. Scourge and I raced each other to the cafeteria and I had a bone to pick with Espio. He had gone invisible while I had been caught by the police this morning.

"There he is!" Scourge pointed him out. We both cornered him as he came off the lunch line.

"Oh, h-hey guys." He looked up at us.

"You left me." I growled wanting to flip his tray up in his face. I don't see why I didn't do it anyway.

"No never. I just was unseen." He smiled trying to turn this into a joke. There were too many watching eyes to get away with putting him in a head lock and kicking him until he doubled over, so I just held my stance.

"You know the rule man, if one goes down you go down together." Scourge said pushing him harder against the wall.

"Ouch. Yeah I know! Look I'm sorry! If it was anybody else I would have done it but I can't get caught by the poe-poe! If my Sensei found out I'd be as good as dead!"

I motioned for Scourge to let up a little, he did have a point. His "master" in training was tough and we couldn't blame him for trying to keep on his good side.

"At least warn me next time there's a cop around" I grumbled and finally couldn't hold back and hit his tray down spilling all his food on the floor and on his shoes. I smiled in satisfaction as he gasped and looked down at the mess. Scourge laughed watching Espio frown and just bow his head. It almost made me feel bad. Espio was down enough with us to not get picked on, but it was just too fun not to, and aside from that he just stood there and took it. Almost like he had to, which he didn't but he did, so why not take advantage?

I walked away leaving him to deal with his mess and looked out at the sea of others for a new victim. Sonic had rushed in and kneeled down to Espio trying to help him clean up. That kid was way too nice for his own good.

Suddenly I felt a tickle on my nose and Scourge over my shoulder saying, "Tickle tickle tickle~" I pushed him away glaring at his stupidity when he held up a green feather and smirked.

"Jet?" I smiled and looked over to the table where Jet, Silver and Sonic usually sit and there was Jet rubbing his head at the loss of his feather.

"Man let's blow this tin can! I'm hungry for some real food!" Scourge tossed the feather away and already started to walk out the door. I followed walking up to his side as we strolled on up to the gate. He began to climb the tall fence as I just chaos controlled to the other side.

"You're an ass." He grunted and dropped himself down from the gate and stumbled around before he got his footing.

I shrugged, "That's why I'm leader of the pack my friend." And lead the way across the street. The school was a closed campus, which means if we're caught across the street we're considered "ditching" school and will be counted truant. So what did we care? Just don't get caught. Ditch your school things and blend in like a regular person. So we walked into our favorite burger joint when I see none other than my new first period teacher in line. (How could I tell?) You can't mistake her pink color anywhere. Scourge looked a little uneasy as we made our way in line.

She hadn't noticed us until she turned around to pick a table, "Shadow, Scourge? Isn't the school a closed campus?"

Well since she was asking I thought she wasn't quite sure if she knew or not, "No." I said shrugging and shaking my head.

She narrowed her eyes and put a hand on her hip, gosh she was so cute when she did that…

"Come on Miss, the school food is crap." Scourge whined and I quickly nodded in agreement.

"And if it's a closed campus what are you doing here?" I asked. She smiled and shook her head.

"I'm a teacher; I don't have to jump the fence to get back to school."

I smiled, wow how does she know the way we go? If I didn't know any better I could think she was one of us when she was in school once. She walked past us and sat at a table. We went up to order.

-later outside-

"Hey, you like her?" Scourge whispered.

My eyes went wide, "W-what!?" I almost gagged on a fry, "Who!?"

"Miss teacher lady! You like her!" He jumped up and pointed at me. I shook my head while munching on another fry, "Do not."

"Yeah I only seen you look like that when you see Rouge our Blaze." (Both really nice looking girls, but unfortunately none of which were mine.)

"So she's kinda, cute and all. Doesn't mean I like, LIKE her." I growled only arguing back to myself, yes it does… but what could I do, I'm a student and she's a teacher. I took a sip of my soda looking out to the busy high way and back at school.

"Day dreaming Shadow?" Scourge broke in with a snicker. I glared back putting my cup down and drew back a fist then hit him on the arm. "Must you have my full attention all the time?" I growled seeing him rub his arm. He went back to eating his burger. The door opened and we both looked up to see Miss Rose stepping out with a black bag over her shoulder. She looked down at us as we looked up at her at first curious as what one would say to another.

"Well, I was going to let this morning's punishment of staying after school slide, but since you two have got some issues with following more rules I'll see you after school back in my class room." She put her hands on her hips again and narrowed her eyes down at me. That same cute stance, it didn't make me afraid when she did it, it only made me want to do things for her to do it more often. I thought I should let her know.

"Miss, you're so cute when you're mad." I pointed up to her with a fry, which broke in half and I decided to eat it before it fell to the ground. She sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes flipping her quills back from over her shoulder saying, "Oh please you haven't seen mad yet."

"What if we don't show up?" I asked reaching in my jacket to pull out my pack of cigarettes.

"Then I will go to both your houses personally and bring you back myself." She said in an 'as a matter of fact' tone. That made me smile, why go through so much trouble for a few extra hours of having two bad students back in class? I brought out a light when I heard Scourge giggle. Miss Rose shot a glance at him.

"Something funny?" She asked. He quickly shook his head with a big grin.

"Well then I'll see you after school, or else." She said sort of sweetly and went on her way back to school, or well, work. After lighting and taking a drag of my cigarette I looked over at Scourge who still had an ear to ear grin on his face. "What are you so smiley about?"

He hesitated before answering with a chuckle, "Teacher wears frilly panties!~" My eyes widened and I choked on the smoke when I gasped. "Scourge you perv!" He doubled over laughing, "I love skirts!" He sat back up catching his breath but my shoe connected with his side as I kicked him off the small cemented platform of the restaurant's "porch" and into a bush.

"Hey! What was that for!?" He yelled flopping about entangled in the branches trying to get lose. It was because I was mad that he dared look up her skirt, while I secretly liked her. But of course I couldn't say that. He'd laugh, and most likely tell. And then going to class would just be awkward… So I stood quiet and looked back to the high way and watched Miss Rose cross the street. I know who I'll be dreaming of tonight…