Shadow and Sonic

Shadow’s POV.

So I guess you’re wondering what happened since last I gave my input eh? Miss Rose made me stay behind in class to talk. I admitted to it… that I like her. She asked that I understand that we keep a ‘student, teacher’ relation and nothing more as if she was anything more we both could be in deep trouble. I wasn’t expecting her to like me back, but I could help feeling so crushed. I didn’t let her know that though, as always I held up my wall to my internal feelings and shrugged it off. But the whole day I was really depressed. Of course what was I thinking, a pretty, smart girl like her wouldn’t risk her job and reputation for me. I was probably nothing to her just another pay check like I am to all the rest of these teachers. To make things worse my probation officer had motor mouth syndrome. Meaning he wouldn’t shut his mouth, even when I was in class trying to fall asleep during lecture.

Depressed, irritated, annoyed, and tired I finally made it to lunch, my ‘baby sitter’ still listening to the sound of his own voice when I got my tray of disgusting school food. Scourge had probably jumped the fence to go eat without me. If my day was to get a little better he’d bring me back at least some French fries from where ever he went. But that most likely wouldn’t happen since anything brought in to the school would have to be checked in through the office, and we weren’t allowed off campus in the first place.

Espio filled me in on a meeting they had in the morning after first period, while I was being put down by the goddess of my life… Ow that little heart I have left seemed to just shrink in pain. However a good fight might help me get over it. But of course, I can’t unless I want to be turned back in and confined to solitary. I haven’t sat in a lunch room for so long; it was awkward to be there… I looked around the tables fining everyone in groups, perhaps regular friends clustering together.

“Say where do you usually sit?” Mark asked leaning over my shoulder when I hadn’t gotten to a table right away. I waited for a moment looking around to see if I saw an empty table to safely sulk in my bad day alone, but there wasn’t. He was still quite, was he giving me a chance to answer back to him after all these hours of his own voice rambling on?

“Uh, window seat at Mcdonalds.” I answered still looking around and peeking out the windows for a hopeful seat outside.

“Well now we can’t go out there. Why don’t you pick somewhere here to sit? There are lots of open seats! Why don’t you sit with this bunch of fine ladies and gentlemen?” He walked over to a table smiling down at the sitting freshmen’s, all of which had gotten in my way at some point. They glanced at me and their faces had a sudden strike of fear.

It would usually make me happy, now I didn’t even seem to care. I was however realizing that aside from Scourge and the rest of my group I’ve pushed a lot of people away from me and that left me on my own. ‘What am I doing here…’ I asked myself. I wasn’t feeling hungry at all anymore. Not to mention the ‘food’ wasn’t good looking either, Mobius for bid I actually try to eat it. I dumped my tray, Mark following me to the trash can and began to ramble on, about how I was ‘wasting’ food and that someone else could have used it, and then spun off into another topic totally off the subject of food entirely. Just then I heard yelling from one of the tables and the room slowly began to turn down its volume. That blue faker and hawk was getting into a yelling match and then stormed off with that pussy gray hedgehog. (And if you’re wondering, yes I’ve also been informed of the truce my group has made with Sonic now.) Sonic was at the meeting to take my place… sort of. Rejected by his friends and obviously having a bad day as well he went on to search his back pack only to find the contents in it ruined. I knew where I would sit now, for once we both have something in common right now a, ‘a shitty day’. I met him at the table his face planted on its surface. With little words exchanged, we both had our faces planted to the table groaning. I was now able to block out Mark’s ramble as it mixed in with the audio from the lunch room.