Can't get rid of me that easy

Amy’s POV

I watched the rest of the student’s be called up on the stage receiving their diplomas, the last time I’ll see them as students. I was filled with mixed emotions, joy and happiness that they’ve all made it to this glorious day, that I was part of their helping hand to guide them here. And yet so sad that I wouldn’t have them anymore. Sonic’s bright cheery face, and Silver’s soft spoken answers to my questions, I’ve already missed Jet enough at the last weeks of school, but he had a sort of ‘know it all’ attitude, and I’d still miss it! I never got used to Scourge and Shadow being gone. It was too quiet and laid back, which from my previous tortures was actually very nerve wrecking to me. I never went a day without wondering if Scourge was getting himself into trouble, or if Shadow had another fit of rage.

Oh Shadow… if I could have seen him walk across the same stage. His last memory of being called up to receive a graduation certificate left him broken… But it would be different this time; I’d make sure of it! Even if somehow everyone decided to leave and no one wanted to so much as shake his hand, I would stay and cheer and clap for him. Even through all my mixed heart touching emotions brewing in side all I could do was smile in this moment, even though I felt tears teasing at my eyes I couldn’t let them out. Finally the last of the students walked off the stage and there was a closing speech, and then at last we were all dismissed to leave. I grabbed up my purse slinging it on my shoulder, thinking to myself I should take one last stroll around the campus as this will be my last. I would start my job as an office secretary, with much less physical contact of others, in hopes of not drowning after work. It wouldn’t be as fun as the classroom job I had with new set of faces every year and class period. There would be much phone answering and sitting in one place for way too long, however the paper cuts from filing through papers would stay the same as I try to keep everything organized just as I had when grading my student’s papers.

I turned on my heals quickly and bumped into someone quite hard. It made me stumbled back and I felt my face instantly grow hot for being so wrapped up in my thoughts I would be so blind as to walk into someone that was right in front of me!

“Oh, I-I’m sorry.” I said quickly trailing my eyes up the black suit with gold cuff links and black tie on a white colored shirt, meeting a tan muzzle and red eyes.

I was utterly taken back and felt in the twilight zone, all I could do was gasp and keep my mouth hung open in shock.

“Miss Rose.” His voice came down to me smoothly as his straight mouth turned up into the familiar smirk like grin.

“Shadow?” I finally was able to speak out.

He laughed, “I told you, you weren’t going to get rid of me that easy.”

“Look at you! You’re wearing a suit!” I said still taking in another gasp and stood back looking at his sleek legs and built figure in the black long sleeves and pants.

His face dropped serious and looked at me raising his eye brows, “I gave you my leather jacket and you never gave it back to me… I had no choice to wear this.” He glanced down at himself and his clothes.

“Oh, that’s right.” I smiled and blushed again. Secretly I sleep with that jacket. Even though it stunk of cigarettes it comforted me… “So um, did you graduate too?”