Chapter 2

After saying my goodbyes to my parents, it was just me and my grandparents. They're sweet folks, really. It's just that there's nothing to do here, and all of my friends are five hours away. "Darling, do you think you could go get the mail?", my grandma asked. "I ordered a catalog the other day and I think it should be here by now...", she trailed of as she continued her knitting. A classic grandma thing. "Yeah, sure.", I obliged.

I headed down the driveway, towards the mailbox, and as I neared the house across the street, I realized that the boy was no longer sitting out there. I shrugged it off and continued what I was doing. I reached into the mailbox, pulling out a catalog before I shut it. I was about to make my way back up the driveway when an icey breeze brushed past, stopping me in my tracks. Goosebumps formed on my pale arms, and I got a strange feeling. The feeling that I was being watched. I slowly turned my head to take a look behind me, and that's when I saw him. I jumped back, realizing that there was a boy standing RIGHT in front of me. "Holy shit.", I breathed out, clutching at my chest. "Sorry to frighten you.", he said with a small laugh. I looked up at his face to realize that it was the boy from across the street. He had soft brown hair, sparkling brown eyes, and a cute bunny smile spread on his face. He was freaking beautiful. "Oh uhh", I said, suddenly getting embarrassed, "It's fine." I brushed a piece of my messy hair behind my ear, realizing that I probably look like a mad woman. "I'm Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook.", he said, sticking out a hand for me to shake. "I'm Lily. Lily Whitlock.", I said, giving his hand a small shake. "Ha Lily...like the flower. Cute.", he chuckled, with the same bunny smile on his face. I felt heat rise to my cheeks as a blush spread across my face. "Yeah, like the flower haha...so you live across the street?", I asked , trying my best not to be awkward. "Yeah, I do. I'm assuming you're their granddaughter?", he said gesturing towards my grandparent's house, "I saw your parents drop you off earlier." "Oh you did? I saw you on your porch, but I didn't think you noticed me. You seemed to be staring off into space.", I chuckled. "No, I noticed.", he said giving me a grin. I looked down at my feet, not being able to look him in the eyes. I'm really not good with boys lol. "Well I should probably go give my grandma her catalog.", I said, holding up the mail in my hands. "Alright, I'll see ya around, right?", he questioned. "Yeah, I'll be here all summer.", I said, and for the first time, I sounded happy about it. "Good.", he said before turning on his heels to head back home. I did the same, and went inside with a big smile on my face. "You sure took your time getting the mail.", my grandpa chuckled. "Sorry...I got distracted.", I said, trying to hide the huge grin on my face. Maybe spending the summer here, won't be so bad.