Chapter 15

After school...

Ding!

Jk: Hey wait for me outside. I'll walk you home. 😉

Lily: Ok thanks ☺️

I stood outside the building with my book bag slung over my shoulder as I waited for Mr. Popular Pants...I mean Jungkook.

"I'm probably overreacting. Maybe I'm even a little jealous. I've never really been the popular type...I should be happy that he's fitting in nicely.", I thought to myself.

I decided to put it behind me and move on. Just then, Jungkook walked out of the building with a big smile on his face. As I was going to approach him and ask him how his day was, I spotted none other than Jimin and Taehyung right behind him.

Oh.

"Oh Lily!", he exclaimed once he saw me. Happiness washed over me once I saw that he was actually happy to see me.

"Slight change of plans. Jimin offered me a ride home if that's ok with you. You don't mind walking home alone, right?"

...And there goes the happiness. The words came from his mouth like it was nothing. Not only was it upsetting, but it was embarrassing. I felt as if Jimin and Taehyung were silently laughing at how pathetic I looked. Standing there, waiting, just to be told that "there's a change of plans".

I tried my best to hold back the tears that began to form.

"Of course. Have fun.", I said with a faker than fake smile.

"Thanks. You're the best.", he said before giving me a quick peck on the cheek. He turned around and walked away with his new friends, leaving me alone in front of the school.

"Just like that? He's just going to leave me in the dust? Ignore the girl that literally gave him life? Ha wow. That's ok. I'll show him."

At this point, I felt more anger than sadness. What did I do to deserve this?

--------------------------------------
Damn you Jeon Jungkook