Part 2

A gift.
Part two.

Months went by since Black met Tourmaline and the two became friends. Tourmaline became stronger with the help of Black and he soon unlocked new powers he had no idea he even had. He was able to hypnotize others and camouflage with his surroundings.

Still not being able to pull out a weapon had Tourmaline thinking "did he even have one?" Even without a weapon he still had the power to defend himself, and thanks to Black, he had the skills to fight without some fancy weapon. However, he still longed for one.

Black noticed that Tourmaline would always secretly try and force out his weapon when he was alone, so Black thought he would do something nice for his young friend. One night when Tourmaline was resting, Black decided he would sneak out and search for the perfect weapon for Tourmaline. He just had to find the material to make one himself.

While searching, he ran into a lot of enemies. Some good and some bad, but on this planet it's hard to trust anyone or anything. But, nothing could change his mind. He was determined to help his new friend summon a weapon even if it wasn't made from his gem.

Moments later he ran into a crashed ship. It had many parts on it and a lot of the stuff still worked.
"maybe we can stay here" he thought to himself. Thinking of what he would make for Tourmaline lead him into making daggers out of the strongest materials left in the ship: Kyrealeam and brohyleum. Homeworld material used for mining, and since they were strong and hard to break by normal means. He knew they were the perfect materials.

Many daggers later he made the perfect pair, sharp to the touch and a glossy smooth finish. Just then he heard a loud boom followed by a terrible screech. Worried, he took off and ran as fast as he could to the sound, but when he arrived he found Tourmaline in trouble. He hid in some bushes and watched. Tourmaline put up a good fight. He was fast, clever, and most of all, he didn't run in fear given he had many opportunities. He put up a great fight and beat the gem, but beating the gem gave him a big head and made him unaware to a dangerous sneak attack coming from behind him. One that would make him never get distracted again.

Before the gem struck, Black jumped in and took the powerful blow which forced him into his gem. Surprised, Tourmaline grabbed Black and ran.
"How could I have gotten so big headed about beating the monster that I let my friend get hurt in the process?" he questioned. He thought "maybe I shouldn't even be here, it's my fault he is like this. Maybe things would be better if I were the one who got poofed instead of him, i have no idea what to do without him"

Tourmaline finally found a hiding spot that would give Black enough time to heal in his gem. Days later Black reformed and appeared from his gem to find he was alone with nothing but a broken green and red gem on the ground. He looked around, and saw a note next to a big rock that said "I'm sorry".

Black hurried and grabbed the two halves and healed him.
"Please come back" Black begged.
"You are important to me!" he yelled loudly. After rambling on about why Tourmaline should come back, Tourmaline suddenly turned into a plain rock and shattered into dust. "Nooooooooooo, how could this have happend." then Black woke up and luckily it was just Black's imagination.

Tourmaline reformed and hugged Black and began to cry
"I'm so sorry for everything, I wasn't strong enough to save you. I'm sorry that I let sorrow take over and I destroyed my own gem and-" before Tourmaline could continue, Black punched him so hard that the gem flew into a tree a few miles out.

"You are so selfish!! You would have me live life alone just because you couldn't handle the fact you weren't paying attention, and I got forced into a gem! There is no backing down from life! All life is sacred and you decided to give it up if i would have known this much i would have left you in the woods where i found you but i didn't because i had hope in you!" Black said as he grabbed his friend, and pulled him close and hugged him.

"I don't know where I would be without you" Black said with a sigh.
"I got you something by the way." Black said as his gem glowed bright and he pulled out a box.

 "Thank you" Tourmaline said as he opened the box and pulled out his new daggers. "Training starts tomorrow, I also have another surprise" he said as he lead Tourmaline into the woods. "How much longer?" tourmaline sighed. "Not much, it's actually past this tr-" suddenly the monster who poofed black earlier this week returned and grabbed black. Some how he tracked them. "Put my friend down" Tourmaline yelled as he drew his new daggers jabbing one into the monster. "RRRROOOOAAARRRR!!!!!' screeched the monster as he dropped black on the ground giving Tourmaline an opening to strike his gem and poof the monster. Black picked up the gem and healed it "Goodnight" black said as he tossed the gem as far as he could. 

"Well where is it? Where is my big surprise?" tourmaline asked as they came across the old ship. "here it is our new home" black said with a smile as the two entered their new home.

The end of chapter two.