Part 4

Part four
The question.

After becoming good friends with the once evil Kryptonite, Tourmaline and Black were discussing their battle with Jade and Emerald's fusion, Kryptonite, and wondering how one even fuses, let alone why they were so strong together. "Why don't we just ask Kryptonite? I mean they have changed a lot thanks to you." said Tourmaline.
"When I was a part of the Diamond community we didn't have to worry about fusion. We had each other's back and we fought together, but when I realized I didn't want to destroy and take over planets anymore because it was inhumane, they turned on me and sent me here because of my different views. I never got to learn about fusion or how it works" said Black.

So the two took off to find Kryptonite's castles, but when they arrived, instead of finding Kryptonite they found Jade and Emerald arguing. Suddenly the two gems pulled out their weapons and got in attack mode. Tourmaline jumped between the two gems and begged them to stop fighting, but there was something different about the two. It was like they had no control over themselves. Jade swung her boomerang at Tourmaline but Black jumped in and saved him just in time.
"You don't have to do this! You two love each other so much that you would give up your normal forms to create Kryptonite!" Black said as the two interrupted him by saying "not anymore!" Emerald began to say
"my eyes have been open and I now can see clearly it was never really love."
"And I never loved you either" Jade said with a single tear in his eyes.

Black noticed that Jade was gaining his mind back, when a voice came from Krypto's throne, "Give it up! You will never break them from my magic. They deserve this, they sent me to that hole and left me there for years, decades, centuries, and they didn't care!" said the mysterious voice.
"Who are you?" Black asked. The gem stated that she was painted Marble and she would not stop until the two destroyed each other for what they did to her and Amber.

Black and Tourmaline then split up. Tourmaline talked to Marble and amber and Black went to talk some sense into the two gems. Tourmaline tried explaining that they were different now. They learned that they were wrong and have been healed since then, They've become good rulers of this planet. Then he asked
"Why did you wait until now to attack? That happened a month ago?" Painted Marble explained that she was still weak and had to gain enough strength to teach them a lesson, and what better lesson then to have them destroy each other. "You have to be the bigger person,and forgive." Tourmaline replied. "you have no idea what they did to us" Marble replied as the scene cut.

the end of this chapter