part nine

Part nine
Wanna join?

A few hours went by and black was ready to head out. "Hey jasper before I leave, I wanted to ask you something. Jasper look up, took a deep breath and asked.. "let me guess, How did a big buff badass like me turn Into a Earth loving hypocrite?"

Black laughed then replied. "I heard stories of you, fighting for homeworld, taking on the crystal gems, being the best of your cut and gem. What changed." Jasper smiled and looked up to the sky.  "A boy they called steven.

I hated him with all my being, pretending to be some innocent child when in fact he was a gem warrior or so I thought. I forced an innocent gem to fuse with me only to be locked away for months, oh that lapis. Then I lost my mind a bit and started  kidnapping corrupted gems only to be stopped by a fusion of him and an amethyst, what did they call them self? Ghostly, Dirty, no Smokey quartz. I was no match for them I lost my mind which caused me to loose my form only to be brought down by a peridot.

A few decades went by and he finally mastered his healing powers but by then he was raising a team of his own, leader of a new age of Crystal gems. He asked me to join him but i had to decline. I wanted to find myself I knew there was no way homeworld was going to take me back after I failed them like that then was lost for 20Years."

Black continued listening to the story asking questions back and fourth. Things took a depressing turn when black asked what happen to the Crystal gems.

Jasper sighed, " Eventually luck runs out, Steven healed to wrong gem and paid the price. The gem fled and found her way into a cave, Connie was tasked with retrieving her. Connie found her and fought long and hard but was no match for the insane obsidian, she was a homework gem and believed the war was still on , Steven arrived to late. All that remained was a lifeless body and blood everywhere. Steven went ballistic and hunted down the gem who took his wife away. He begged me for help but I wasn't ready for what he was planning to do, he called me a weak coward and left. The Crystal gems tried to soothe his pain but he was to far gone, he poofed all of them and bubbled them to keep them out his way. I found and released them but by then he already found what he was looking for but couldn't shatter her after all.

He poofed her and bubbled the gem, eventually he was so far gone the gems had to bubble him for his own good which caused the gems to split up. Pearl waited for him to come back to his senses but he never did so she set off on her own and no one has seen her since. Amethyst would sit by his bubble talking to him and protecting him she knew he could get out when ever he wanted but it had been five hundred years she eventually figured he probably didn't even want out but still sticks by his side, garnet runs her own gem training school, teaching gems, hybrids, and humans how to fight. She actually trained my team, before we became a thing. For peridot and lapis they own their own farming business they became filthy rich before homeworld started attacking and ruining this once peaceful planet.
But the big tipper was when homeworld tried stealing Steven's bubbled body to study it, that's when I knew I had enough and begun fighting for earth and ever since then i have been protecting this planet."

Black thanked her for her history lesson and told her he had to set out on his own mission.

The end.

To be continued