Arrival

Tim turned around, pulling out his sword as he went. In the room with him were 4 people. One was wearing sunglasses and had a weird necklace with a purple stone around his neck.  Another was in a dark suit, also wearing sunglasses. The 3rd had on some kind of red and black plaid hoodie. The final one wore a simple blue shirt and jeans, with a black hoodie, and was only a kid..

"What the heck?! How did you get in here?!" Tim was alternating pointing his sword at each of them. He had no clue how they got in without his hearing them, but he didn't trust them. No one could sneak up on Tim. It just wasn't possible.

"Where am I?" It was the one in the plaid that spoke. He looked genuinely confused. In fact, so did all the people who had just appeared, except the one in the black hoodie. He was looking around, taking in his surroundings. Tim decided to question him.

"What are all you doing here?" Tim asked.

"Judging from this room, I'd say we got transported by a machine I designed, which takes A person and transports them from anywhere in space and time to a set point, which would be here. This is the control booth." Said the kid in the black hoodie.

Tim blinked. "I honestly have no clue what you are talking about. The nearest city is that way." Tim pointed toward Kenston. " now go away."

The one in the laid looked at him. " I repeat my earlier question. WHERE ARE WE?"

Tim looked at him like he was crazy. "Your 500 blocks outside of Kenston."

This time the one with the amulet spoke. "And where exactly is that?"

Tim sighed. "If your lost I can take you to the city and you can get directions there."

"That would be good." It was the black hoodie again.

***

"So who are you guys?" Curiosity finally got the better of Tim.

The guy with the amulet spoke first. "I'm Adam, but you can call me sky."

Next was the guy in the plaid. "I'm Mitch."

Then the guy in the suit spoke." I'm Ian."

Finally it was the kid's turn. "I'm Adam, call me Jojo."

Tim raised his eyebrow. "I'll Definitely call you both by your nicknames."

"How much longer until we get to the city?" It was Mitch that spoke.

They were passing through a forest. Just as Mitch spoke, The trees gave way to a plains biome. Just inside the plains biome, was the city. It towered above the plains biome.

"Here we are." sad Tim, a little unnecessarily. "I'll take you to the library to find a map."

"I still don't understand how I got here. One minute I was mining, the next I was in the room with you guys." Said Mitch.

"I'll tell you later." Said Jojo.

Then, they reached the entrance to the city. A guard checked them, then waved them in.

"The library is at the center of the city." Said Tim. "It has maps of everything." then, Tim realized he had lost Mitch. He was staring a a statue a square. It was a statue of the founders of the city. They were staring at the word at the bottom.

Kenston's founders, Preston and Kenny, Five hundredth anniversary of founding. built 2515 A.C.E.

"Five hundred years.." Mitch mumbled. " how is that possible?"