Chapter 13

Percy didn't say a thing during breakfast, but at least tell he wasn't as mad anymore. He gave you a worried glance and left. His plate was still full, he had barely eaten anything. That wasn't really like him. . .
You picked at your food as you ate alone.

"S. . .sorry about that." It was Nico. He sat across from you.
"Oh, it's okay." You smiled. "Where'd you end up?"
He had a puzzled look at first then an embarrassed one. "I, uh-"
You laughed. Until Chiron called your name.
"I'll see you later, Nico." You patted his head before you left.

To admit, you kinda felt bad to just leave Nico like that.
You rushed back and laid your hand on his head again, "I'll come and find you as soon as we're done." You lightly poked his forehead and ran to Chiron who was waiting patiently.
.
Back at the brown house he was back in his magical wheelchair. "The mission. . ." He gestured for you to take a seat.
"So, when do I leave for the mission?"
"As soon as you're ready. The soon the better, if you can.
"Then it's said. The day after tomorrow I take my leave." You sat down. The sooner the better. Might as well get this over with, you thought.
Chiron cleared his throat. "The quest is actually from your father, again."
You suddenly felt cold. What about last time. I failed him, what about that? without thought your hand drifted to your dagger. Chiron noticed your sudden change. You were getting nervous.
"I'm sure he, himself, would rather tell you. I just wanted to be prepared." He nodded, dismissing you. You stayed frozen, so instead- he left.
"What is happening to you, (y/n)?" That dam cooing voice said. You were so tempted to yell at it, "what do you mean, who are you?" But you didn't. Ignore it, you said to yourself. You stayed there, thinking and apparently for a while, too. When you finally had recovered, it was dark out.

"(Y/n), I want to go with you." Nico said, scaring you from your thoughts. "What? No." You said. He was not to go with you.
"No? I am coming, I need to protect you!"
"I said no!" You almost shouted. "Who knows what could happen this time! I need you to stay here and not come with me on this quest! I don't want you to get hurt because of me again!"
Nico was taken back a little by your tone. Even if he could tell you were really trying to protect him, he still couldn't help but to argue. He wanted to protect you. "I-. . . Fine. Ju. . .just be safe."
- - - -

- - - - -

- - - - - -
"I need some sleep."
- - - - - - -

- - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - -
"Safe, safe, safe, safe. . ."

Poor, dear, (y/n). . . You can see, how much he cares for you. . . How much better! I can already see you killing, again, see you cry! How fun~!"
"What?!" You couldn't see a thing.
"You let your guard down."
"W-who are you?"
"What happened to you? You were a strong girl. But now. . .hahah, not so much. Be strong~"
"Strong?"
"(Y/n)!!" The screaming was faint, almost as if muffled.
"Oh, can you hear him?" She laughed.
You fantically stood up and ran towards the call of your name.
"(Y/n)!!" You could hear his voice but could not see him. "LET HER OUT!" The voice only laughed. "Get her out~" She taunted. You could hear him growl and bang harder against something, like a wall?

You stuck out your hands felt around. A wall, cool to the touch. . . You made a fist and punched it as hard as you could but it only damaged you.
"(Y/n)!" Nico heard you!

"I'm here, stay calm." His voice was closer, almost as if in front of you. The wall was made of glass! You could see him now, clear as day, despite the dark.
"Hold on, (y/n)! I'll get you out! I promise!" His eyes were red from crying.
He tried harder and harder, trying to break the wall. Soon the glass was stained in his blood.
"Nico, stop!" You pleaded. It was no use, the glass was unbreakable.
"But. . .I need to get you out. . .!" Tears slipped from his eyes. He looked into you (e/c) eyes. . .
- - - - - - - - -