Chapter 2

"C'mon." He brought you to another table, no one else sat there, just you two.
"It's not as loud as it usually is, huh." He said.
You kept eating.
"There usually is someone else here."
You looked at him, your eyebrow arched.
"Yeah, his name is Tyson. But he's helping out dad in his palace."
". . ."
Percy continued trying to make conversation, but it always ended quickly.

Once dinner was over everyone emptied out of the pavilion. Percy took you to cabin three. A few beds were spread out and it was kind of spacious.
"You can just, you know, pick a spot and all."
You nodded and then there was a soft knock on the door. Percy opened it.
"Oh! It's you!"
You couldn't hear who it was.
"Yeah, she's here," a few seconds later percy called after you, "Nico's got something for you."
You make your way to the door, Nico stood there, in his hand was the glass shard. "I, uh, thought you probably wanted this."
"Thank you," you took took it and then you notice he had accidentally gotten cut by it. With your free hand you took his hand and gently wiped off the blood coming from the cut on his thumb. You felt you cheeks start to get a bit warm.
"T-thanks" he said, barley a whisper. You swear you saw a tint of pink in his cheeks.
"Oookkaaayy." You heard percy say and step between the both of you. Goodnight, Nico!" He said with a smile and shut the door. You gave Nico a small smile before percy sent him away.
You laughed.
Percy looked confused, "what?"
"You're already a protective 'brother.'
"What is so wrong about that, I wanna keep my little sister safe." He said.
"Thanks but I think I'm fine." You laughed. You placed the glass down on a drawer.
"That reminds me," Percy said, "when I first got here. I kept the minotaur horn with me. Minotaur," he added thoughtfully, "first monster I killed on my own." You both went to your separate beds, "Goodnight, (Y/n)."
"Goodnight, Percy."
Not to long after he called lights out you heard him lightly snoring. You sat in the dark, replaying the scenes of you abandoning your mother, killing the Hellhound, and being claimed.
.
.
.
Although you had been asleep for two days in a row you were unusually sleepy.
.
.
.
You walked through a marble floor path, though a forest. There was sunlight in the dream. Nearing the end of the path you smelled salty air and heard a gentle breeze.
A beach.
The wind whipped your (h/c) hair around. You strolled the beach until you heard a voice. You turn around, but nothing, paying your attention fowards again, you saw a man. He was tan and honestly. . .he looked like a surfer.
You could sense a great amount of power he had. "You are a God, aren't you?" You told him, not getting any closer.
"You got quite the eye. I am a god. Posiedon." He offered you his hand but you denied.
"What do you want?"
"Look, I know. I'm sorry for never helping you, I'm sorry I wasn't an actual dad for you bu-"
"What do you want." You knew better than to speak like that to a god, but you were mad, mad at them for letting it happen. 'Mother shouldn't have died.'
"It was her fate." He said.
Did he know what you were thinking?
"There are many reasons why this happened." He added.
You were quiet.
"I'm only here to warn you," He said. You fought to keep the tears from slipping from your (e/c) eyes.
He sighed, "carful. For your quest, I will give you a gift. It will be blessed by Gods, to help you on your journey. You don't have long to prepare, but I believe in you. Good luck."
With that he lightly ruffled your (h/c) hair and left.
.
.
.
Your eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the morning light. You sat up on the bed, looking for the glass. right there, where the shard used to be was a foot long dagger.
'Is that the gift he was talking about?'
The blade was made of glass. He made the glass shard into a weapon. . .
Why would he use the glass shard?

The dagger was very beautiful. It had a black hilt, decorated with a few, small, blood red rubies. The glass blade had a smooth edge and the other edge was toothy. The glass was was sleek and it went very well with its hilt.
You took it by its hilt and ran your fingers over the surface of the glass blade, "blessed by the Gods, aye?"
Once more, you stroked the edge of blade, "sharper than ever." With your thumb you wiped the blood off of the fingers you had slightly cut.