Fix you

I've done some research into spinal cord injury but if anything seems unrealistic (or wrong) please let me know!! Hope you enjoy this next part xx

He couldn't help but laugh as she rolled her eyes as the physiotherapist attempted to complete the Asia assessment.

"I'm going to have to do this again after theatre aren't I?" Connie sighed, making Jacob laugh again,

"Look I know this is tedious... Trust me, there are other things id rather be doing... But just bear with me... Now is this sharp or blunt?"

"Sharp," Connie replied, completing the sensory assessment without further complaint.

"Can I see?" She asked, watching as the young girl hesitated before nodding,

"T12 incomplete," Connie uttered, her voice quiet,

"We can start rehab as soon as you come round..."

Connie nodded, feeling Jacob squeeze her hand, "at least it's incomplete," she whispered.

"Hey... I meant what I said.. I'm here for you, I'll see you when you come round,"

"Kiss me," she asked him,

He held her hands gently as he kissed her lips softly, "I'll see you soon,"

True to his word, when she opened her eyes after her surgery Jacob was sat by her bedside. He slept soundly, his head lulling back against the chair, his feet up on the bed.

She reached for a glass of water, swearing as it dropped onto the floor.

He woke with a start and stood up, "connie..."

"Sorry... I tried to get the water but rolled to quickly and dropped it,"

He poured her another glass.

"What?" She smiled as she looked at him,

"You could do with someone washing your hair, it's still covered in dust,"

She rolled her eyes, "look," she smiled, "I can't move much of my legs, but I can move my toes..."

He nodded a smile on his face, "you should sleep,"

"Come and join me in here," she asked, "I hate sleeping without you,"

He took off his shoes and jeans, before slipping into bed beside her. He propped himself up on his arm and ran his fingers across her cheeks, "close your eyes, you're safe... You need to sleep,"

He lay watching her sleep, his hand lay protectively on her stomach as her breathing became shallow and her eyes closed.

"I thought id lost you tonight," he whispered, "and I..." He exhaled, "I meant it when I said id stay... I don't want to be anywhere else..."