Oblivion

Here's the last part. Lyrics are from Oblivion, by Bastille. Thanks to everyone who's been reading this :) 

"When you fall asleep with your head upon my shoulder.When you're in my arms but you've gone somewhere deeper."

He woke the following afternoon to a note by his bedside. He couldn't help the smile that came to his lips as he thought of the last 48 hours... He was so completely consumed by her it made him of all people feel somewhat vulnerable.

"There's fruit in the fridge, I'm by the pool. Yesterday and Last night was incredible... You've always been incredible. Connie x"

She became aware of a dark shadow blocking her sun, and she opened her eyes from where she lay on the sun lounger, "hi husband," she smiled, watching him as he sat beside where she lay on the lounger.

She sat up, kissing him lightly, "how did you sleep?" She asked as his fingers toyed with the string on her bikini top,

"How do you think?" He replied, "do you fancy a walk down the beach?"

"Let's go," she smiled, "shall we swim over?"

"Con..."

She shrugged, "I'll be fine..."

"Are you going to age with grace? Are you going to age without mistakes? Are you going to age with grace, Or only to wake and hide your face?"

She leaned gently into him as they walked hand in hand along the beautiful beach. She could feel his eyes on her and she stopped, pulling him to a halt and looking up at him, a smile on her face. His eyes met hers and she leaned up, placing her hands on his cheeks before she kissed him softly. "I love you," she told him honestly, before she took his hand and continued to walk alongside him.

"When oblivion is calling out your name, You always take it further than I ever can, When you play it hard, and I try to follow you there, It's not about control but I turn back when I see where you go."

"Do you fancy a glass of wine?" He asked, as she nodded and they sat outside on a small veranda overlooking the sea.

She crossed her legs towards him and pushed her sunglasses up onto the top of her head,

"Are you going to age with grace? Are you going to leave a path to trace?"

"What are you thinking?" He asked, a smile on his face as he leaned forward and kissed her mouth once,

"I'm just thinking that I haven't felt this happy in a really long time," she told him honestly and he felt his heart fill with love all over again,

"Good," he smiled, pulling her as close to him as he could, the feel of her warm skin in his arms made him happy too, "all that matters to me is that you and Grace are happy,"

"And you?" She asked, "what are you thinking?"

He kissed her hair as she placed her wine glass down again,

"I'm thinking that I can't define how I feel about you and how happy you make me," he squeezed her gently, "there isn't anyone else in the world I want to be sat here with,"

She ran her fingers over his hand, stopping as she reached his wedding ring, "I can't believe you're my husband,"

"Forever," he grinned, "you think you can stand forever with me?"

She smiled, "you're the only man I want to spend forever with."

"But oblivion is calling out your name, You always take it further than I ever can.When oh oblivion is calling out your name, You always take it further than I ever can."