Getting there

"Right, let's try this out..." She uttered, placing her foot up splint into her running trainers. She had been insistent she wanted to return to jogging; she felt strong again and she wanted nothing more than to be able to join Jacob for a jog. Her only residual deficit was a lack of power in her left foot as it still tended to drag occasionally when she got tired.

They ran side by side around the local park, before jogging comfortably back to their house.

He watched her as she placed the keys in the lock, before he pushed her hard against the wall of the hallway,

"What?" She asked, making him smile as her hands automatically unbuckled his trousers as he undressed then both in record speed,

"I'm sweaty..." She uttered and he kissed her, silencing her as he sucked her bottom lip into his mouth. "You're about to get a lot more sweaty woman," he almost growled, his need for her almost consuming him,

"Jacob," she gasped as his mouth worked it's way from her collar bone and down over her breasts,

"You want me to stop?" He asked, picking her up and laying her on the island in the kitchen. His mouth hovered over her thighs and she arched her back, "god no... Don't stop..."

They lay in the hammock in the garden wearing nothing but underwear. They had spent the morning after their run making love and kissing and she couldn't remember a time in her life where she felt more content.

She lay dozing in his arms as the sun shone down on them and the light wind brushed against their flushed skin,

"You are the most incredible woman I've ever met," he whispered against her shoulder,

"You're a charmer..." She smiled against his skin,

"You had a spinal cord injury little more than six months ago, and now you've just ran six miles as fast as you used too..."

She yawned, "I never felt this tired afterwards before,"

He shrugged his shoulders, "you know that's to be expected,"

She nodded, "I suppose..."

"When's Gracie back?"

"Not until tomorrow, she's having a sleep over with Jacs daughter,"

He nodded, "how about I cook us something nice for dinner.."

She turned to face him, "or we could make up a picnic and take it to the spot where you proposed? Could walk down there so we can both have a drink?"

"Sounds good," he smiled, his mouth unable to resist pressing once again against her own.