Frustration

She had persuaded the physio to let her and Jacob go outside, she had shown she could go up and down slopes using the wheelchair and insisted she'd be fine.

Jacob watched as she transferred onto the bench, and he pulled her into his chest,

"Mummy," Grace grinned, running away from Zoe and across to where Connie sat,

"You look cold, here have my scarf..."

Connie hugged her daughter, smiling at Zoe, "thanks for having her,"

Zoe nodded, "if she wants to stay with me until you come home she's welcome.."

"I'll be in here for up to twelve weeks..." She admitted, "that's a long time..."

"If Zoe's working, I can stay with her at yours..." Jacob offered,

"Please mum... I promise I'll behave..."

Connie sighed, "I..."

"I mean it... Where else would she go?"

"Grans?" Connie offered watching as grace shook her head,

"Dads?"

"I want to be here with you," Grace told her and she smiled,

"If you're both sure..." She uttered, "thank you," she felt her eyes tear, "you better be good young lady,"

"I will..." Grace grinned.

"So... When your mums feeling up to it... I thought we could all go out and get some food."

He watched as she collapsed back against the bed. She looked  exhausted and he leaned forward and kissed her head. "Connie... Don't you think you're pushing yourself too hard? You're exhausted..."

"I only stood for god sake," she spat, frustration at being in a wheelchair over coming her, "with three people Jacob... I shouldn't be this tired..."

"Con..."

"Stop it," she almost yelled, "stop being so nice, I can't bare it in here anymore... I can't bare being like this..."

"What do you want me to do?" He asked, "if I could make this better I would... Tell me what you want me to do,"

She shook her head, "you can't  do anything, you don't know what this is like,"

"No, you're right I don't... But do you think this is easy for me? Do you think I want to see you  like this? If I could swap places wth you I would,

"Stop it," she uttered,  

He looked at her, "I'll give you some space,"

"Fine," she hissed, knowing she was being unreasonable but feeling unable to control her emotions,

She managed to hold it together while he left, before bursting into tears as he walked out.