Chapter 15

He seemed like he wanted to avoid her. In truth he didn't want to look at her at all but he always felt an urge to. He was, he didn't know what he was feeling. He just felt disappointed in himself. He felt like a monster after seeing her reaction. What was it. Whenever she gave him that face that was filled with fear, he didn't care. He didn't feel anything. Heck he was wondering why she was affecting him so much anyways.

He concentrated on driving looking towards the road. Soon curiosity got the better of him. He sometimes looked at her thorught the side of his eyes, but quickly glanced away when she caught him staring. He felt so self concious. What was wrong with him.

"Umm.. ummmm...... excuse me, but are you hot?" Adira spoke

"What!" He shouted surprised. It scared Adira as he spoke so loud and suddenly she jumped up a little. "Sorry" Hyde said. What? He thought. Why am I saying something so unlike me.

"It's alright, I was just surprised. But I was asking if you were hot?" He looked at her and then realized she was dripping sweat everywhere. He purposely put the heat on full blast because he thought it would help with her coldness. She was still cold.

"Are you hot?" He asked.

Adira blushed and looked down in embrassement before replying, "Truthfully, I am." She softly spoke.

"Oh I'm so sorry." Hyde quickly turned off the heat and quickly put cold air on.

"No, I didn't mean for you to shut it off-" Hyde quickly went back to turn on the heat again until he heard her. He quickly turned it off again.

"So you don't want it on?" He asked.

"If you need it on, I'm fine with anything." She told him.

"I don't need it." He quickly said. In truth he was actually burning up. Being an alpha, his body temperature was hotter than most other wolves. He was just worried, Adira's coldness was affecting her. Apparently not.

"You looked like you were suffering and I guess it would be best to not use the heat if we both didn't like it."

"Yeah that seems the most logical." Hyde said feeling a bit embrassed inside making sure not to show it.

At school, they both went their seperate ways heading towards their classes. Class went on by quickly. When lunch came, Hyde sat down at his usual table. From the corner of his eyes he watched as Adira walked in after getting her tray. She walked to a corner table and sat alone. A few minutes later he felt bored of hearing the conversations that were occuring. He really hated that he had to endure the jelousy and pain that he had to bear while watching his brother and his mate. He was used to it thought. He went throught this almost every school day for the past 5 months.

Turning his attention elsewhere he decided that the best place for a distraction was Adira. It was better than looking at the bowl of tomatoes in the middle. He seriously hated tomatoes. Adira sat and ate her lunch not looking up. I mean there was nothing intresting other than her mate being with another but she didn't want to go back to square one. She would get over this hurdle and move on. Love could not be forced.

She was startled as a tomato hit her forhead and smashed everywhere breaking with the liquids slowly traveling down. She looked up from the direction it was thrown. It was from 4 tables to her left. The wolves that threw the tomato were from Alpha Kane's pack. They were laughing at Adira because they thought it was funny. Earliar they were joking and the boys and girls were fllirtatous fliring. Playing the truth and dare, one of the dares were to throw the tomato at Adira. The boy who had to do the dare was a bit afraid at first but eventually did it. Now after it was done, the whole table was cracking in laugher. Adira stared down in humilation having her feelings hurt.

She wondered why people were like this. How could they be like this and not feel guilty. She looked down at her hands trying her best to keep calm and not cry. She looked up quickly as she heard a loud splat. She looked at where the sound occured. Before her eyes, the boy that had threw the tomato was drenched in another tomato.

After laughing so hard that his stomach was hurting after throwing a tomato at that loner girl who always sat alone he never expected to be hit by one either. It felt like a bullet to his head. He fell off his chair and grabbed his head. The tomato exploded and all the juice came out and spilled. He knew he'd have a huge bruise. He felt dizzy. All his friends shut up. Pissed, he got up.

"Who the fu*k did that" he screamed. He scanned the cafeteria. The cafeteria went silent. Slowly he found his attacker. The bowl of tomatoes was enough evidence. The tomato in his hand was enough. As he looked at his attacker's face he quickly shut up. The Alpha unworried brought the tomato that was in his hand into his mouth. He bit into it. The gushing flavor rushing into his mouth. He loved tomatoes. Sadly he had to waste one on an insignificant thing. He sighed and layed back into his chair a bit angered.

Adira looked at where the boy was looking who was now frozen in spot. It was the table at which the alphas occupied. She looked at Alpha Hyde who looked back at her surprised. She then slowly shifted her gaze towards the Alpha eating the tomato.

"Wade..." she softly said. 

A.N

Hi! Here's another chapter for you guys. I just want to thank you for reading "Cage your Heart." It makes me proud of my work. I'm so happy that you guys take time to read this. I really appreciate your support. If you would do me a favor and recommend this to some of your friends, I'd be really happy. As of right now, I wish for this book to get to 1,000 reads. Out of all my works, this seems to be the most successful. Thank you for reading my wonderful readers. I hope to update soon. Sorry it has been a while. 

P.S

This chapter is very unedited. 

-Dola