Chapter 14

Once we arrived, we rented out a studio for the day so that we could practice. That night, it was so weird to be going back to the hotel where it all started. The next morning we got up and went to the venue where the competition was, and then we went into the dressing rooms and I started helping the kids with their hair and makeup. Georgie had a solo first, so I got her ready and then walked her down the hallway. But then I saw someone who I thought I would never see again. Right straight in front of me was Fabian with a little girl and what looked to be her mom. I was so shocked that my mouth had practically hit the floor, and it was the most awkward moment of my life. We stood there in silence for a couple of minutes, and then we both kept walking because the kids would be on soon. Georgie went into the wings because her solo was up next, and the little girl and her mother who went with Fabian also went into the wings. Me and Fabian stood there in more awkward silence. "Hello." Fabian stumbled out of his mouth. "Hey." I replied. Fabian looked at me and tried to grab my hand, but I took it away. "I'm so sorry for what I did. I was so stupid then as a teenager, and I wanted to come back to LA to talk to you, but I was just to busy with jobs and stuff. I am just so curious to know, where is our child?" I was still so mad at him, but I looked at him then and saw the expression in his eyes, and I saw that he did really care. Right as that happened, Georgie was walking out on stage for her solo. She was performing a beautiful lyrical piece that showed off all of her technique. I walked closer to the stage to watch her, and Fabian followed me. "Where is the kid?" He asked me. I took a breath and thought to myself, I had to tell him. "She's there, on stage right now performing." Fabian looked a little bit confused, and the he said "Really?" I replied "Yes, can't you see that she has the same color skin, eyes, and hair as you?" He replied "Wow, she's beautiful, and I already love her so much. So you have been a single parent for all of these years?" I took a long, deep breath, and then I replied "Well, no, I did an open adoption, but we're really close, and her adopted mom is here with us right now. So why are you here?" He replied "Dance coach, duh. So where are you living? LA?" I replied and then we kept talking, and I didn't even notice that Georgie was done with her solo and she was standing right there. I took her back to the dressing room and introduced her and her mom to Georgie's dad, and she even placed 1st on her solo! Fabian moved back to LA, and he started teaching at my studio. I wouldn't say that being a teen mom wasn't easy, but it was defiantly worth it.