Monsters(6)

I reached the parking lot at around 3:05 with Sab and vicky. Ever since my last encouter with my prince charming i had been checking my watch every five minuites which really made sab suspicious and i had to explain everything to her.In detail. There was something with besties. They never leave you without extracting every single bit of information. I almost forgot to tell sab that Rey dropped his books twice and she made a huge deal about it lecturing me about how i was keeping 'vital information' from her. 

We reached my car where my eyes were enriched with the sight of a handsome Rey leaning against it. Sab elbowed my stomach making me blush. 

"who is this dude?" vicky asked pointing towards rey. 

"umm....my partner in english project" i said. 

"yeah. her PARTNER." sab said emphasising the 'partner'. 

"guys meet Rey. I mean Reyansh. Rey meet Vicky, my brother and Sabina, my bestie".  

"h-hi" rey said staring at the ground only looking up for the tiniest second. 

"I think vicky and i will go in vicky's car. Vicky u'll drop me right?" Sab asked obviously trying to leave me alone with rey even though she knew Vicky did not have his car. 

"yeah. But i dont--" 

"Vicky please". sabina said cutting him off and batting her eyelids in the most flirtious manner she could manage. This definitely melt my poor brother and he even forgot about the absence of his car and followed her out.He gave rey that dangerous -don't mess with my baby sister- look before going.Rey flinched. 

We got into the car and i started the engine. An awkward silence followed as we headed outside the building. I din't know what to say. Can someone please tell me what the hell is the first thing you tell to your crush when you finally have some quality time together??? 

"ridhi?" Rey said after a few minuites braking the silence. 

"yeah?" i asked. 

"what r-really made you help me this morning t-today? i mean, i k-know you are the headgirl and all...b-but...i felt like there was something more to it. I think i s-saw a mix of fury and a h-hint of s-sadness in your eyes. I could be mistaken but i just g-guess i saw miserey and deep r-regret." his question caught me offguard. When did he even look into my eyes? i thought he loved observing the groud. This question anyways brought back a few memories at the same time. This time i questioned myself. Why did i get so furious? Those guys apologized anyways right? I know they won't do it again. Why did i still feel the need to punish them? Why did they seem like some real live monsters to me? the answer to all this could not be the only fact that i had a major crush on Rey right?  

I knew the answer. I knew there was more to this. I guess i had somehow crushed that chapter of my life and hidden it in some corner of my brain. Such a corner, reaching which would really need deep digging. 

"i guess you are right". i said with a deep sigh. "there is more to this. Mayebe i had myself been through this stage long back.It happened back in seventh grade. Although almost six years had passed, every time i think of it, it feels totally new and fresh. Like it happened just a minuite ago. I was bullied in a different way." I said flinching at just the use of that word and i guess the same was with Rey. It was a strong and repellent word. 

"the monsters of my story never pulled my books or crushed my glasses. They pulled my hair and crushed my life. Just the thought of going to school would frighten me beyond shock. Every morning there use to be an episode where i would complain to my mother about mysterious pains in my body just so that i did not have to go to school. Just so that i did not have to face those evil monsters.They threatened me that if i told anybody of their doings, they would make it worse.I dint know what to do. I dint know where to go. I dint know whom to tell. I just dint understand anything.  

It felt horrible. I felt useless. Most of all, I felt helpless.It is the most pathetic feeling. You just dont know where to go, what to do or whom to tell.You feel lost." i did not realize that i had started crying. 

Wow! its strange how comfortable you can get around people you just met. There was something about Rey that made me feel comfortable and made it easier to speak. What i just told him is something i never ever told to even Sabina or Vicky. Rey put his hand over my hand and i automatically relaxed a little. 

"You are a strong girl ridhi. You are over it. You did not sulk over it. From being that girl who used to get bullied around, you became that strong girl who is the headgirl of eastwood high now. This isn't an easy thing. I know." 

"mayebe you are right. That year just taught me that if you don't stand up for yourself, no one will. I wish these monsters know my story. It will just make them realize that they are the loosers and their efforts have gone down the drain. That entire experience just made me the girl i am today. But you know what rey? That feeling of revenge is strong. Once. Just once i wish i can find them and tell them that 'hell yes! i overcame the crap you put up and won't ever again shed a tear because of you monsters.' " 

"i know exactly how it feels. I go through it every single day of my life myself." he said squeezing my hand. 

"next left" he said giving me the final directions. I halted outside his house wishing i could spend some more time with him. After a few moments of hesitation he adjustef his glasses and opened his door.  

" it was really nice talking to you ridhi. I wish we could spend some more time together." this really made my day. 

"we still have to make a presentation together" i winked. He blushed. Somebody save me!!! he looks sooo cute. 

We exchanged contact numbers and he was turning to go when i said "hey...never feel helpless again. Dont let those boys get their way. Remember i'll always be there if you need me." i asked. 

" yeah" he said and i drove away lost in thoughts. I realized how similar Rey's present and my past are. 

Back then i did not have a shoulder to cry on, i did not have a hand to hold, i did not have a back to rely on. I will make sure that it is not the case with Rey. 

One more thing that i realized is that rey did not stammer when he was speaking to me later. Mayebe he is getting comfortable around me. That is a good thing rite?  

I popped a dark chocolate into my mouth and drove away faster cherishing the feel of Rey's hand on mine. It felt electric.

A/N-- ok...so i know that all my chapters so far require MAJOR editing and i have already started the process of finding an editor.  

---aavikaa