candy (9)

REYANSH LEON's POV

                             i parked in the huge parking space of the 'Worlds library' and taking a last look at Ridhi's face i got out of the car.

She looked baffled and confused. Cute as a teddy bear, i thought to myself and grinned.

               Setting foot inside the library got back a wave of familiarity. The 'Worlds library' is the countrey's largest library with two floors packed with books of all kind. The third floor is a book store where you can purchase any book you like and the fourth floor has a cafeteria. There is not an inch of wall in this wonderfull place that is not covered with books.

"you look like a kid in a candy store." Ridhi commented pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Um...that is mayebe because i really love books. They help me escape from the nuiscance and chaos of the real world filled with bullies, liers and corrupt people. They carry my mind away and save it from a lot of fuitile thinking. I guess books are the reason i am still living." my nerd side spoke.

              "wow. All this feels alien to me." she said making that teddybear face once again.

Ridhi took my hand and we walked towards my usual seat and settled down. She let go off my hand. I was for some strange reason dissapointed. It somehow felf really comfortable and relaxing when Ridhi held my hand. I moved closer to her on my seat and i could see her face colour. She looked so edible. Like a cupcake.

"So what is Romantic Comedy mr.nerd?" ridhi asked ending the silence.

"that is exactly what we are here to find out miss.cupcake." i said and once again she blushed.

"did i just see my candy blush? am i alright?" i asked pretending to check my own forehead for fever just to tease her.

"whatever." she said and got up to leave. She went a few steps forward and came back looking annoyed.

"it will take the entire year to look through all these books to find what we want." she said exasperated. I laughed. I could just not get over her cuteness.

"what is so funny?" she asked.

"you leave that finding stuff to me candy. Just follow me." i said and got up to go towards the Shakeapere reference section and she followed.

                                                   When we reached where we were heading for Ridhi tried her luck with finding what we needed and ended up dropping an entire stack of books. This place was just not made for her. Ridhi in a library is like me at a dance party. Totally disastrous. I laughed at her cute messiness and this time 'I' picked the books for 'HER'.

The shakespeare section of the library is a very sparsely populated area with very very few almost extinct species wandering around. Both of us sat on the marble floor to check out the books in the bottom row of the shelf. The akward silence of this place was making it impossible to ignore the strong urge to touch her. I dont know when this happened. It just happened without my permission. She became the only subject occupying my mind 24×7. Every time i saw another guy check her out, my fist clenched on its own. Every time i saw her walk towards me, it took every atom of strength to keep myself from running towards her and enveloping her in my arms. Every time she bit her lips in nervousness, i couldn't help but feel the urge to touch them hit me hard. Every time her cheeks coloured, i just couldn't help imagining a candy.

"you found what we need? why have you stopped shuffling through the books? don't tell me you expect me to do the rest." she said breaking my chain of thoughts.

"Umm... n-no." i said and an akward silence followed.  

"whats wrong Rey? you look disturbed." she said looking really concerned and her forehead creased. She looked so cute.

"its nothing candy. You don't worry. You look best smiling." i said touching her forehead and soothing the creases. I had decided that i will tell her about my feelings today. I did not know it would be so difficult. What if she does not like me the same way? will she still be my friend?

Will i still get to see her blushing candy face? Will i still be able to hold her hand ?

Will she still tease me about my driving? I don't know. I just don't know.

"C'mon Rey. Tell me. I am really getting worried now". she said in a haste.

OK. Seriously. I want to tell it. I just don't know how.

"Ridhi?"

               "yeah?"

                "will you promise to still be my friend after i make a confession?"

                                                                 "ofcource rey. C'mon now. Spill it." she said.

"R-ridhi" i said stammering.

"C'mon dude. You look like a kid on his first day of school. Just spill it. Will you?"

"I - IThinkILoveYou." i said without a pause. I slowly lifted my head to see her face. She looked shocked and stunned beyond measure. Oh My God. crap. I am sure she is mad at me. "Ridhi" i said shaking her arm. She snapped out of her shock and shook her head.

                              I was getting goosebumps. I don't know if it was because of the cold marble floor i was trying to get a grip on or because of the time she was taking to dump me.

"I think the feeling is mutual." she said slower than  a snail. This time it was my turn to be stunned beyond measure. Did i just hear what i think i heard? did she just NOT dump me.

"Rey!" this time she shook my arm and i snapped to reality realizing that all this was not a dream.

"Did you just tell me you love me too?" i asked just to make sure i heard it right.  She nodded.

"wow." i said in shock and wrapped my arm around her and we stayed like that for some time.

"wait. Lets make this official." i said and got to my feets and pulled her up with me.

"Oh My God Rey. You dont have to do this." Ridhi said, her face turning cherry red.

"Ofcource i have to" i said and got onto one knee.

"Miss. beautiful, cute and charming Ridhi Caravin, are you ready to change your relationship status to 'in a relationship' and accept this not so handsome and charming, nerd with the black glasses as your boyfriend?" i asked in the most romantic manner i could manage.

"Ofcource I am ready you cutie. Now gimme a hug." she said pulling me to my feet and gave me the tightest hug ever. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her right back as she rested her head on my chest. I guess I finally have the right to hug her without hezitating. She is mine now. It is the best feeling ever. I wanted to stay like this forever.

"wait. I have something for you" i said and pulled it out from my pocket.

"wow! How did you know this is my favorite swiss dark chocolate bar. Thank you soo much rey." she said in excitement and pecked my cheek.

"aawwww. If you keep blushing like this i think 'aaww' will come on the top of the list of words i overuse." she said making me blush even deeper.

                                               If a kiss is what i get for just a dark chocolate bar then i guess i am going to give her one every time we meet.

A/N -- am soo sorry guys. Ik my chapters are getting a little boring but please let the votes keep coming. Next chapter is going to be full of revelations and surprises. And sorry for the late update.