Prince charming on a wheelchair (15)

SABINA POV

To say I was rushing things up would be an understatement. I was literally pushing Ridhi into the car with Rey so I could get into my car and get to the hospital early. The earlier I went, the more time I could spend with Vicky before Shawn showed up. I dint even force Ridhi to practice some    heel walking when Rey showed up. That's how rushed I was. I got into my baby pink beetle as soon as I could and drove to the hospital a little above the speed limit. The way Ridhi would enjoy but Vicky would overreact if he found out. Once I reached, I parked my car in it's now usual spot beside Vicky's car and rushed to Vicky's room on the third floor.

The hospital seemed unusually quiet today and there was something weird about the atmosphere. No buzzing calls at they reception, no friendly nurses running around and no ward boys carrying trays of food to various rooms. By now, the regular visits to the hospital had made me well acquainted with a lot of staff. I asked the guard at the glass doors at the rooms entrance  of the floor if something was wrong but all he did was shrugged and smiled. When I asked another nurse who was carrying an equipment tray outside, she did the same and patted my back. Okay this was getting weird. WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG? Why was everyone acting weird? Is Vicky alright? Will he have to stay here longer? Will I not be able to take him home today? Is there something I should know? Are the doctors keeping some essential information? My mind worked a million thoughts per second and I hastily pushed the double doors and rushed towards Vicky's room.

I was going to completely break down due to anxiety when something caught my eyes and I froze in my tracks. A little girl dressed in a cute white and red nurse uniform stood at one side holding a bunch of red heart gas balloons in one hand and a white board in another. On the white board was written 'That pretty girl who spends hours before the mirror despite her flawless looks? I want to make her mine'. Aww. For whomever that was, it was so cute. "Hey little girl, whom is that for?" I asked going near her. She burst into fits of giggles, handed me the balloons, said "he's waiting for you" and ran away. Okay... Why was everyone on mission confuse Sabina today? I walked a little further and there was another girl dressed the same and holding a box of chocolates and a board that said 'that girl who shakes her shoulders ever so lightly while laughing? I think I like her'. The girl handed me the chocolates and ran away. Next there was a bouquet of roses and the board said 'that girl who likes her popcorn with extra cheese? I have a thing for her'.  Followed by that was a girl holding a huge jar of my favorite blue jelly beans and a card that said 'that girl who's making that cute poker face right now? I am in love with her'. And that was it! I lost it that minute and started crying. I marched impatiently into Vicky's room and there he was, sitting in the middle of the dark room on his wheel chair with a guitar in his hand, his face lit just by the dull light of the three candles burning beside. He looked so handsome, so radiant, so angelic. I fell at a loss of words and froze in my place for the second time in the day. Wow! How long have I been waiting for today? How long have I been fighting with my own feelings? How long have I been living with self doubt? And now when it's finally happening my lips seem stuck. Unable to move. Great! Just great.

"Do you have a bandage babe?" Vicky got me out of my trance. Huh? bandage? shit is he hurt again? Ah crap this careless little boy. This better not be what I am thinking it is.

"Because I think I hurt my knee when I fell for you" he continues and I burst laughing.

"I would have got onto my knee but I'm an injured man so I'll have to do it from my Wheelchair. I've always loved you Sab and I always will. For eternity and beyond. Your little timeless demands, the way you laugh with your hands on your mouth and your shoulders shaking, the way your hair falls over your eyes, the way you cling onto your pink pajamas with dear life, the way you hog onto blue jelly beans, the way you still watch Disney movies, the way your pink painted nails look against my skin and the way your head feels on my shoulders. None of these little things have ever gone unnoticed by me and never will. And every time you oh-so empathically chide me for being careless, I swear I feel complete. Just your mere does the job. Do you requite the feeling Sab?" I could see him cross his fingers in his pocket. By now, the tears were freely flowing.

"Yes yes and yes! A hundred billion times yes you idiot. I love you too Vicky".

"Can I play a song for you?" he asked like I'd say no. EYE ROLL!!

"Of course you idiot".

"I can really survive without the 'idiot' compliments" Vicky said furrowing his brow and I giggled.

"Sure idiot" I teased.

He then motioned for me to sit on the bed beside him and took his guitar and played my most favorite song ever- Half a heart. Seriously, other than Ridhi, he was the best and the most melodious guitarist I've ever met and when he plays the song for me, I know it's my favorite. I haven't been more sure of a thing in my life. Suddenly, I heard cheers and hoots from outside the room and Vicky bowed on his chair. The onlookers left us to ourselves while Vicky continues the melodious, sweet sweet  torture.

And being here without you is like I'm waking up to

Only half a blue sky

Kinda there but not quite

I'm walking around with just one shoe

I'm half a heart without you

I'm half a man at best,

With half an arrow in my chest.

And just like that, in the middle of a hospital room lighted by just three candles, amidst the smell of sedatives and medicines, I fell in love deeper with this foolish boy on the wheelchair who now claimed all my love. Yes, we all find our prince charming one day. On a horse or on a wheelchair doesn't matter.

A/N- sorry it's unedited. But hey it's a fast update! :P The link to the song to the right. Enjoy!