"Why are you sad?"

Ben looked through a window, a mask covering his face, as a red beam of light shot across the sky.

The scene changed, and Ben was standing in a forest, his side felt like someone had stabbed him. There was snow on the ground, and falling from the sky. A red lightsaber came to life in his hand, and he looked up to see who was coming........

Ben opened his eyes, clenching his jaw tight. This was one of the many visions that plagued him as he slept. If it wasn't that, then it was memories from his childhood.

He sighed, trying to unwind the knot in his stomach. He froze in the middle of reaching for his staff when he heard the bush in front of him move. He sensed her presence and couldn't help but smile.

"You know, you really shouldn't be out here alone Rey."

There was a pause, then the little girl stepped out of the bush. She was wearing a different night dress this time. It was a pale yellow. It suited her better, he thought.

"Why do you keep comin' here?" She asked, walking over to him.

"I don't sleep much most nights." He told her, as she sat down in front of him.

She frowned. "Do you live here?"

Ben nodded. "Yes."

"Are you a Jedi?"

Ben smiled. "No. But I will be, one day."

"Hmm." She pondered, looking up at him.

"Why are you sad?"

Ben frowned again, leaning towards her. "I'm not."

"I think you're sad."

"Why do you think that?" He studied her expression.

Suddenly, she reached up with both hands, and placed them on either side of his face. He froze, not understanding what was happening. She looked into his eyes, her small lips turning into a line.

"Mommy says when people are happy, their eyes sparkle. Yours don't."

Ben stared at her, unable to speak.

She touched his lips. "And when they smile, they look hurt."

He paused before he was finally able to answer.

"Did you think that maybe they don't sparkle because I'm a boy?"

She scoffed. "That's not it. I know you're sad. But its ok, I can make you happy."

The biggest smile spread across her face, making him smile as well.

°

"Concentrate, Ben." Luke said sternly.

Ben closed his eyes, sweat beading on his forehead as he focused all his energy on the large planter. It came off the ground, levitating further up.

"That's it." Luke urged.

It rose a few feet off the ground-

"nnnnnnnnoooooooOOOOOOOOO!" The corridor of a starship crumbled into the ground.

The planter fell, breaking into pieces as it hit the ground. Ben stared at it, his emotions flooding his mind.

"Ben-" Luke began, but it was too late.

Ben scooped up his staff, and ran. He didnt stop til he made it back to his rooms. He threw his robe on his bed, along with his staff, and walked out onto his balcony.

There was a small knock on his door, and then someone let themselves in.

"Ben."

He turned to see his mom standing in the middle of the room. Her clothes were wrinkled, and she had pieces of hair sticking out in all directions from her braid.