8. The Forest of Cat-tra

You are just in the kitchen of Tazuna's house finishing your breakfast, when you decide to go check on Kakashi. You get up, put your dishes in the sink, and walk to his room. You notice him stirring under the covers.

"You overdid it again," you bluntly say while walking over to him. He just gives you a look as Tsunami walks in.

"Waking up, huh? Are you alright?" She asks Kakashi.

"I've been better. It'll be a week before I can move normally," Kakashi says while sitting up. 

Idiot, then you shouldn't be moving. You roll your eyes.

"See, it's better if you don't move, so just lie down," she says as you smirk.

"Right," Kakashi replies while lying back down.

All is quiet for a few moment until you hear footsteps coming from outside the room. You see Sakura, Naruto, Tazuna, and Sasuke standing in the doorway. You give them all a small smile.

"Look, the sensei's coming around," Naruto says, surprisingly calm.

Immediately, Sakura sits beside you. "Listen sensei, your sharingan is amazing and everything, but if it puts that much strain on you, maybe it's not worth it," she says. You just sigh and look out the window as Kakashi apologizes.

"Yeah, well, he did take down one of the most powerful ninja assassins, so we'll be safe for a while," Tazuna says. I wouldn't be too sure about that.

"Right, but, you know that boy with the mask? What about him?" Sakura asks.

"He's from the elite tracking unit from the Village Hidden in the Mist. Those masks are only worn by the most elite shinobi," Kakashi explains.

"What exactly do they do?" Sakura inquires.

"To put it lightly, they hunt rouge ninja of their village to make sure their village secrets, stay secret. Nothing is left behind once a ninja has been caught by these trackers. They are elite, and extremely skilled at what they do. Sometimes, you won't even see them coming, and before you know it, you're dead. They're the Anbu Black Ops. These ninja are more of a safety precaution, but are necessary for protection," you explain. "The shinobi trackers prevent jutsu a shinobi owns and uses to be stolen and use against their own village. For example, if the sharingan were to fall into enemy hands, it would be analyzed and stolen to be used against the village. Though usually when they catch a rouge, they will immediately get to work on disposing of the body. It's pretty odd how he took Zabuza's body away to dispose of it instead of starting right then and there." You finish while looking at Kakashi to see if he got your hint. You can tell Sakura clued into it by the way she stiffens beside you.

You watch as Kakashi holds a hand to his head, looking very concerned.

"Hey, are you okay? Sensei?" Naruto asks, concerned.

"Hm, oh yeah," Kakashi replies. "Things are shaping up to be pretty odd. (Y/n) is right. Did you notice how the tracker took Zabuza's body away instead of working on it right there?"

"That's what I just said," you mutter while rolling your eyes.

"Think of the weapons he used for the take down. Do you remember what they were?" Kakashi infers.

"Throwing needles!" Sasuke exclaims as realization crosses his features. "No way."

"What are you all yammering about. You demolished that assassin," Tazuna says.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that," you whisper to yourself, but Sasuke hears you and tenses.

"Here's the truth, Zabuza's still alive," Kakashi states. You nod your head once as everyone else is shocked.