Ushijima x Shirabu (requested)

Soooooo, hi! This is my first request for this story and I'm hype. This is also my first boy x boy for this story! Which is perfect because i planned on doing one soon anyways. Thanks to jannalovesfanfics for the request.

***

It wasn't like today was special or anything. Just an average weekend. Shirabu was walking down the street with not a thing planned. Walking into one of his favorite corner shops to buy a soda he felt a vibrate in his pocket. Pulling it out, a notification that he had gotten a message popped up on the screen. Stopping he opened it and saw a not-so-unusual text. Of course he couldn't just have a day off.

Shrugging he pushed his phone back into his pocket and grabbed an extra drink before walking to the counter. Paying for the drinks he got on his way.

Looking up at the blue sky as he walked he couldn't help but smile. This was what he signed up for after all. Well actually it was all he aspired to do back when he was in junior high. To serve for Shiratorizawa's ace, Ushijima. Hell, when he couldn't get a sports scholarship in he studied his ass off to pass the entrance exam.

Now it's at that point where his beloved ace is asking HIM to come over and do extra practices.

Finally arriving at Ushijima's house he knocked twice before letting himself in knowing very well that Ushijima was probably already in the back yard practicing. Yelling out a quick greeting he walked through the house and out the back door where sure enough his predictions were correct.

Sliding on and different pair of shoes he watched as Ushijima spiked one ball after another at the wall of the house. Muscles flexing. Breathing in sync with his movements. Eyes concentrated only on the ball and his target.

Shaking his head quickly Shirabu stood and yelled out to his ace. "Well if your going to practice without me can I go home?" in a joking matter. Ushijima stopped from spiking the ball again and turned to Shirabu. Giving a quick roll of the eyes he nodded and walked off towards the net standing in the backyard. Shirabu followed and quickly caught the ball as it was tossed back to him smiling slightly.

***

Spike after spike, at all different angles, it didn't matter. Ushijima could hit it. He could hit it because his setter made it possible for him to do so. Everyone on the team had underestimated Shirabu at first, considering he was the only one on the team who wasn't emitted to Shiratorizawa on a sports scholarship. There was something that was different about him though, and Ushijima noticed it. Shirabu wanted to be there more than anyone and there was nothing that was going to stop Shirabu from giving a toss to him. Ushijima respected that. Admired it even.

Ushijima was shaken from his thoughts as a ball fell onto his head. Furrowing his eye brows he looked at Shirabu who was coving his mouth holding back a laugh. "What the hell?" He asked. Shirabu just shook his head laughing. "You're the one who spaced out in the middle of a toss!" Shirabu yelled.

Deciding it was about time for a break Shirabu walked off towards his bag not waiting to see if Ushijima was following. Of course he was though. Digging in his bag he pulled out the two soda's he had bought earlier and tossed one over his shoulder. Ushijima caught it with ease and looked down at it. Shirabu always did nice things like this for him. Always, but Ushijima could never fond a way to repay him. Sighing he opened the pop and took a sip.

"Ok, what's wrong?" A voice made Ushijima come back to reality and look at his setter. "Oh. Well. You always do small nice things for me, but I never do anything for you." Ushijima stated not holding back on his thought and feelings one bit.

This made Shirabu stop for a second. He never thought of it like that. "W-well for me, being able to toss to you and spend time with you every chance I get is enough." Hearing that made Ushijima even more frustrated. "But why!? I'm just some high school ace that you will probably never play with again. We'll go our separate ways and that will be that." "Maybe that's why I want to spend as much time as I can with you, so maybe you won't forget me" Shirabu mumbled feeling slightly hurt at the ace's honesty.

"I could never forget you Shirabu. I l..." Ushijima stopped. What was he saying!? He couldn't. No. He couldn't love Shirabu. He looked at Shirabu to see him wide eyed waiting for him to go on. "I-i respect you." Ushijima corrected himself not sharing his actual feelings and opinions for the first time.

Shirabu's shoulders slumped. Sighing he looked at the sky. "Well um, its getting late. I should get him" he made an excuse quickly and grabbed his things. "And to think, I was going to say I loved you too." He whispered not thinking Ushijima could hear him and walked out.

Standing in shock Ushijima didn't know what to do. Shirabu loved him!? No. It could only be in a friendly way. But then why had his words hurt his friend so much? It had to be true. Shirabu just might return his feelings for Ushijima. Alls he knew is it was now or never, and ran off to find his beloved setter.

***
Yay! Ok so I hope this is good. I had to do a little research on these two cuties. I think it turned out good. Let me know I guess!