Chapter 22: Hollywood

"Where do you want to go next? Michael asks me as we walk down Hollywood Blvd.

I think for a few minutes. "I don't know. We've done just about everything, haven't we?" Our hands are intertwined with each other and we swing out arms.

"Yeah," he says. "Should we hit the road then?"

"We could stay one more night," I say. "In the hotel. It's so much nicer compared to the shitty motels we have been staying in."

He laughs. "Yeah. We can do that."

Later that night, we sit on the floor in our hotel room, a deck of cards between us. We are playing Go Fish and, well, I'm losing.

"Where do you want to go next?" He asks me as we start to clean up.

I shrug. "I don't know. What do you think?"

He sighs. "I was thinking we could head back to Bobby's."

I had been putting some of my clothes back in my bag when he says this. I freeze. "What?"

"Em," he says. "We've been gone for about a month now. Dean is probably worried sick about you and it's just not fair to them."

"Aren't they still in Nebraska?" I ask.

"Probably. But we hang out around Bobby's until they get back-"

"No," I say, turning around. "I'm not ready to go back yet."

He presses his lips together. "I guess my thing is... I don't know. It feels weird just going around and doing things like there aren't dangerous creatures watching over us."

"You want to hunt," I say. "You miss hunting."

He gives a one shoulder shrug. "Yeah. I guess I do."

I sigh. "Then we can go hunting."

"I thought you didn't want to?"

I shake my head and laugh. "I never said I didn't want to stop hunting. I said I wanted to stop being Hunted."

He stands up and comes over to me. He wraps his arms around my waist and I glide my hands over his chest so that they rest around his neck. "Awesome. I'm glad you feel that way. Because I already have lead down in South Dakota. Perhaps while we're there we can go see Mount Rushmore."

I smile up at him. "That would be wonderful."

He leans down and kisses me. At first, it is soft, but it becomes more intense like we are both hungry for more. He pushes me towards the bed and pulls his shirt off.

After awhile, he stops, propping himself above me on his hands. I look up at him, both of us breathing heavily. "I love you," I say.

A big grin spreads across his face. "It's about time you said it back."

I give him a confused look. "What?"

He laughs. "Remember when I told you that exact same thing a year ago?"

I smile. "Hm," I say. "No. I don't. Perhaps you'll just have to repeat yourself."

"I love you," he says.

"I love you, too," I repeat back and he kisses me again.

***

I wake up the next morning to my phone going off. Michael's arm is wrapped around my waist and I have to pry myself off him to answer it.

"Hello?" I say, leaving the hotel room. It's been awhile since Michael has gotten a lot of sleep. I don't want to wake him up.

"Emma?" An unfamiliar voice says.

"This is her. Who is this?"

"My name is Emory. You may remember me," she says and I freeze.

"How did you get this number?" I demand.

I hear a laugh, almost like a cackle. "Don't ask such stupid questions, girl. Now, you better listen to me."

"And why the hell would I do that?"

"I'll go after your precious little family."

"I swear to God if you hurt any of them I will hunt you down myself and kill you with my bare hands, you son of a bitch," I say, my empty hand clenched by my side.

She laughs some more. "Oh, how precious. And so like your father. Now, listen here. If you come with me freely, your family will be safe. If you put up a fight, I kill one of them."

"No," I say, my anger beginning to get the best of me. "You listen here, bitch. I will not come with you. Not freely at least. And you will not hurt my family. You will not touch them, do I make myself clear?"

There's silence. "Are you willing to make a deal with me?"

Now it's my turn to laugh. "Go back to Hell where you belong," I say and hang up the phone. No way am I making a deal with a demon. The last time someone made a deal with some creature, my life was on the line. I would not make the same mistake my mother did with Chester.

Though, I can't help but wonder. All these years, why did Chester keep coming after me? I was told by the demons that I am powerful. But how? Did Chester know? Did he lie about his true intentions? Probably. Or, he just didn't tell us. There was a lot of holes in his story.

I groan and walk back into the room. Michael sits up, his chest bare. My mood is immediately lifted and I walk over to him.

"Everything alright?" He asks, grabbing my hand and dragging me down to lay with him.

I sigh. "Yeah," I say.

"You sure? Who was on the phone?"

I shake my head. "Wrong number." I feel bad for lying to him, but I know I wouldn't be able to argue about going back to Bobby's if he found out who it was.

He nods, not looking convinced. "Okay," he says. Before he can say anything more, I press my lips to his.

We make out of for a bit before I start pulling my shirt off. "Emma," he says, pushing me off.

"What?" I ask. When I see the look on his face, I slide off him, my face falling. "I'm sorry."

He grabs my wrist and pulls me back to him. "Don't be," he says, kissing me. "I just want you to be sure this is what you want. I know you're confused right now and I don't want to rush into anything you might not be sure about."

I bite my lip. "I am sure, Michael," I say. "100%"

He sighs. "Really?"

I nod. "Yes. Please?"

He smiles. "If you want to stop, just let me know."

I smile and nod. "I will." We begin kissing again and for the rest of the morning, I give my body to him. And, for that small moment shared between us, I am able to forget about Dean, Sam, Carter, Derek, the demons, the vampires, and everything else.