5.

I feel a warm breeze as I'm lifted into the arena. Luckilly I can tell the climate isn't snow. Especially since I'm wearing shorts and a tank top with a swimsuit underneath. A first for outfits.

I finally get lifted to the arena.

Directly forward is some kind of rainforest. Behind me is a beach. Our outfits make perfect sense now.

"Ladies and gentlemen, let the 82nd Hunger Games begin," says Claudius Templesmith.

The clock starts.

60 seconds.

To my left is Allyanna, and to my right is Charlotte. Aria is 4 to my left. Pepper is 6 to my right. Max is right beside Charlotte.

50 seconds left.

I hope everybody sticks to the plan. I don't want anybody getting killed.

I signal to Charlotte to stay on the pedestal after the gong. She nods and tells Max. They keep it going. I signal the same thing to Allyanna and she passes it on. Good so far.

10 seconds.
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1

The gong goes off.

Everybody stays on the plates.

Nobody says a word.

We all just stand.

"Well come on!! Do something!!" Claudius' voice rings out.

We all ignore him and stay.

Suddenly there is an explosion. It came from one of the pedestals. It was Billy, from district 9. Pepper's district partner.

The games just started and we lost one person already.

"Move or I'll blow you all to pieces!!" Yells Claudius.

We all step down and walk to the cornucopia.

Pepper is in tears.

"It wasn't his fault," Pepper sobs.

"It's ok," I comfort her.

We all head inside the cornucopia. Max takes an axe and smashes all of the cameras.

"So, we lost one person already. Let's just hope that only a few more are lost, if we have to. Let's face it. At least one person has to die, or else our plan definitely won't work," says Max.

"If we all stay here, it puts us all in danger," says Lauren.

"True, let's split up. Nobody officially gets the cornucopia. We can come here for any reason besides a permanent shelter, to be fair. But no killing eachother. Every morning, we should meet here though to discuss new plans," I say.

We decide to split into 5 groups of 5.

Me
Max
Pepper
Aria
Allyanna

Evie
Sadie
Blue
Sam
Dylan

Harry
Rose
Willa
Lauren
Andrew

Vincent
Jewel
Aaron
Emmie
Johnny

Everett
Charlotte
Aidyn
Gray
Sofia

"Ok, so now that we're in groups, we should divide up the supplies and head out," I say.

I take a bow, arrows, some knives, a sleeping bag, a backpack with some stuff, some apples, some crackers, some meat sticks, some water, a jacket, some matches, a small pillow, and a tent.

We all head out in separate directions. We head into the rainforest.

****

We walk for about an hour before stopping.