Dad

Dear Dad,

I've blocked out all memories of you for three years because it hurts too much to face reality. I never thought you'd leave my life that soon and I was mad at you for it because hell, I was just a kid. A kid who was promised their dad would be right back when it was all a lie. I couldn't comprehend how you had left me in this world with mom. 

For months, I cried myself to sleep at night. I hated everyone, didn't try in school, and my depression got worse. You missed so many moments in my life. Championship wins. Driving. First boyfriend. And yeah, I finally did stop the ground hog from finding it's way into the house.

I'm not sure what I'm getting at but, I'll always love you, Dad. I'm sorry for all the times I argued with you and took your time on this earth for granted. If I ever have kids of my own, I hope I raise them the way you wanted to raise me. You are the best dad anyone could have asked for. You taught me to be strong no matter what and also to have fun with life. You were the one that held the family together. I tried to be like you, but Hudson is your clone. He went through life with the same "No bs" but caring attitude. He even looked like you with his hair and everything. Maybe you'll see him wherever you are, but same me a spot. There's so much I still want to tell you but I can't put it in words and I can't think or write through the tears. I love you now multiply that by infinity and take it to the depths of forever and all eternity.

Hunter