Chapter 1: How It Began (Third Person POV)

First Posted On: April 15th 2016

Last Updated On: April 15th 2016

A/N: This takes place in 2005.

~ ~ ~

"Do you have any male children in your family?" a man asked a middle-aged lady while he stood outside her house.

"What's this for?" the lady was curious.

"We are new entertainment company actually..." the man explained. "Our name is still in a making. We are planning to debut a new boy group and we need some talent..."

"Ooh~" the lady sounded interested. "I do have a son. He always engrossed in watching music shows on TV. He's a fast talker though..."

"That's great actually!" the man laughed. "We were looking for rappers in the group."

"Jinja?!" the lady immediately ran to get her son. "Namjoon ah!"

A young boy came running towards his mother. When he heard the news from the man, he was overjoyed. He had always wanted to be part of an entertainment company.

"Is he free today?" the man asked. "I want to take him to the company to see if he has the talent."

"S-Sure..." the lady now sounded a little uncertain. "But he'll come back soon right? He has school tomorrow..."

"Rest assured," the man smiled. "He will be back soon."

Soon, the man and the boy, left the house. The lady stayed at the doorway watching her son leave and pursue his dream.

"Omma!" a girl's voice called. "Where's oppa going?"

"He'll tell us later..." the lady told her daughter.

~ ~ ~

Eventually, as the day went on, the man had recruited another five more boys. Like the first boy, each of them had to bid farewell to their parents and siblings.

The man had a plan to debut them on the music stage after their training was complete. In the competitive music industry that is Kpop, entertainment companies had to debut new groups every year or two. It was a stressful period for this particular entertainment company since it was relatively new.

"Ahjussi!" the one who was scouted third asked. "When are we going back? It's already late."

"We need to do some arrangements first," the man explained to the boys as he drove on.

But as night fell, the six boys, together with him, arrived the company. But what they (and their families) did not know was the company they would eventually be in had already planned their future.

School? That was no longer going to be part of their lives for quite a long time...

Family? They were going to be separated for years.

Friends? The boys would be each others' friends...even as they prepare for their debut.

Their dreams and aspirations to be singing on stage would become fulfilled...but at a physical, mental and, above all, emotional cost.

But in this world, not everyone is perfect. Nor is anyone able to see ahead into the future. And the man is one example. These six boys might have been separated from their families, but with every separation, usually comes a reunion. But...how?

~ ~ ~

A/N: Mysterious start to the series. This and the next chapter is more like a prelude to the series. If you haven't seen the cover yet, you should check it out because the clues to the story are there!

Hopefully the photoshop is up to standard.

Meanwhile...all the way in Korea one of the stars of this story is celebrating her 22nd (21st internationally) birthday! We are talking about Namjoo from APink! Saeng-il Chukhahae! Her birthday hashtag is #2Namjoo2Day so start trending!

Vote + Comment ~ !