Chapter 5: More Certain (Namjoon & Namjoo POV)

First Posted On: April 30th 2016

Last Updated On: June 10th 2016

A/N: It is now mid-December 2012

~ ~ ~

(Namjoon / Rap Monster POV)

"WHAT'S THIS ABOUT?!" CEO-nim bellowed in my ear. I know he had a sensitive temper when things weren't going his way, but this was particularly...extreme...

"I have no idea, sir," I bowed my head to apologise. "Even I don't understand why the fans would think that, let alone how they got my photo."

"Do you even realise the situation you are in now? What about BEST's image? What about the company's image?" CEO continued grilling me.

"Why can't the fans share my childhood photo? Let me add on, childhood photos of their favourite celebrities?" I was baffled by his over-strict approach to an innocent act by one of our fans.

"Ani...there's nothing wrong sharing the photo," he explained. "But the media seems to be interpreting it differently, especially since theories about you looking like that female idol started surfacing-"

"That female idol has a name, CEO-nim," I was suppressing my anger.

"Oh mianhae," he apologised rather insincerely, "but the media is going to attack you with questions. Just go with the standard..."

"Lighthearted laugh?" I suggested. But CEO-nim didn't seem very pleased with my idea.

"Very well," he was reluctant. "Do what you need to do. Just don't hurt the company, same like the rest of the members. I will speak with ACube's CEO "

"Ne," I bowed. "I understand."

And that was just another day at the agency. The members and I were used to it already, but after this lecture from CEO, I might just crack at any moment.

Once I was out of his office, I took a huge sigh. Things just didn't seem to go right this past week with the extended practice hours and schedules. It's the Christmas holidays, and I still need to work.

Now I had another fan theory to live with. And there is even more evidence that I look like Namjoo, since our childhood photos were side by side in the post. I must agree though...there is a very close resemblance.

But I felt a little solemn. This is one of the many childhood photos of me as a trainee in BT Entertainment. There were only a handful of photos during my non-trainee days; usually of just me alone. Where were my parents? Did I have any siblings? Why can't I see them?

Where and how the fan got my childhood photo (and Namjoo's as well) is another story (A/N: *cough* *sasaengs *cough*). But what was more important was the photo itself. I could understand now why there was so much fuss about me and Namjoo after the fan shared this photo.

I don't remember having big eyes when I was younger, but based on the photo, apparently I did have those features. Heck, if my hair was longer, I could even be a kid version of Namjoo.

Maybe...someone wants answers to all this? But it can't be CEO...he has other things to busy himself with. Not even the fans would be so dedicated to find an answer to all this.

Unless...

The article that showed my childhood photo linked to the poster's SNS profile. If my suspicions were right, she would probably have been urged to do so by...