Chapter 11: Amnesiac (Dongwoon & Naeun POV)

First Posted On: July 19th 2016

Last Updated On: July 19th 2016

A/N: Going back to the scene at BEST's dorm.

~ ~ ~

(Dongwoon POV)

Breathe Dongwoon...relax...you are just going to see her only. But she might (or might not) know me straight away...

Oh who am I kidding, the fans made me known to her.

Actually, there were some things that I knew about Naeun already prior to the rumors surrounding mine and her group. I had kept them to myself all this while and tried very hard to forget them for the sake of the members and the agency. But every now and then, they return.

As we stood at the doorway and stared at the APink members who visited us, I saw Naeun's frightened face...and those memories replayed again.

"We need to talk," she approached me once we separated from our groups.

Naeun, if only you knew...

Our dorm wasn't that spacious to begin with, but it seemed that Naeun was cool discussing in my room. Doojoon had taken Bomi to the kitchen, so finally we could get down to business.

"I want to know your thoughts about this," Naeun started first. "That the fans ship us as the 'Son-Couple'..."

"Well," I scratched my head. "it's...intriguing to say the least..."

"And...?" she tried to urge me on.

"Look Naeun," I told her. "That's not the important thing now."

"How is this not important?!" she practically yelled. "Do you realise that a lot of your fans are also against us being 'shipped' like this? I mean I can handle that for now, but you might not, and..."

I calmed her down quickly by pulling her into a hug. So much for fans calling her a 'yeoshin' haha~

But at the same time...my heart began to sense something else...

Something...familiar...

"Dongwoon sshi...?" Naeun snapped me back to reality. "You can stop hugging me now..."

"Oh...ah mianhae," I shook my head. This can't do; Naeun must know.

"Is there...something you want to tell me?" she asked carefully.

"Ne," I nodded. "But it will be a long story. However it is something you must know."

"What's that?" she probed.

"That we knew each other before, Son Naeun," I revealed. "Yes, it must be hard to face this truth. But I knew you from before. When and where, I can't tell you just yet. But right now, the fan theories are redundant with this new piece of information."

I wasn't expecting a slap from her, but Naeun still gave one to me.

"Geojimal..." she spoke so softly but frighteningly. "I...never knew you from before."

"You do know that statement itself is false right?" I told her plainly. "We debuted before you so you would have known us first..."

It caught her by surprise. She was silent for a while.

"Well...discounting that," Naeun quickly regained her composure, "I never knew you previously."

"Like it or not," I tried to convince her, "I remembered you, Naeun."