Chapter 9: Wait This... (Chanyeol & Chorong POV)

First Posted On: June 10th 2016

Last Updated On: June 10th 2016

A/N: It is now early December 2012. Just before the Namjoon & Namjoo meet up happened.

~ ~ ~

(Chanyeol POV)

"No Chanyeol," manager hyung spoke through the phone. "I'm not agreeing with this request of yours, no matter how humble it is."

"Wae?!" I complained. "It's totally ok to get this now. Besides, we aren't so busy since we are on hiatus."

"We can't take a risk when it comes to the agency directive..." he sighed.

"Still don't see how getting a driver's license is against the directive..." I was a little uncertain. "But I guess I'll put thoughts of getting one aside for now."

"Maybe next time Chanyeol," manager hyung reassured me before ending the call.

So apparently, my little argument with our manager was enough to catch Dongwoon hyung's attention. He entered my room and had a slight grin on his face.

"You must have watched an episode of APink News 2 didn't you?" he teased.

"Ne hyung..." I admitted. You see, since my chance meeting with Chorong, I've been paying more attention to shows and videos with her in it. The few moments of free time we had were spent watching APink's Music Bank performances and APink News episodes. Chorong is just too funny in APink news. Clearly, she has a variety show heart in her.

The episode where she was trying to pass her driving theory test and practical was one of the best. If you haven't guessed already, she was the one who motivated me to push for a driver's license. Maybe there's an unspoken competition

Oh and how does Dongwoon know? He caught me grinning when I was watching Chorong laugh uncontrollably while being tipped upside down by her fellow group mates, Bomi and Eunji.

But you know what's strange as I watched APink News? While I find Chorong too goofy for her age, I feel more attracted to Eunji. If I was to rank them... Eunji, Chorong, Bomi...(A/N: Sorry Bomi)?

"If CEO-nim knows though..." Dongwoon was a little hesitant now.

"Pfft..." I scoffed jokingly. "Hyung, the rumors surrounding BEST and APink may be spreading like wildfire, but it shouldn't really affect my..."

I had to pause. I couldn't really say 'personal interests' because it would make me sound like a byuntae. Quick Chanyeol...think of another word!

"...life," I completed. Well done for my vocabulary...

"Woah~" Dongwoon seemed impressed. "Such wise words coming from uri Chanyeollie!"

He left me alone after that. And after my argument with manager hyung, I wasn't really in the mood for some APink therapy. So my mind drifted to other things...

...like the rumors surrounding me and Chorong in particular.

This much I know: the fans are pointing out that the members of APink and BEST have the same surnames. Added on to that, some of us in BEST shared common traits with APink. For me and Chorong, it's our eyes.

I'd usually joke about the fact that fans are so observant...yet I shouldn't. Because something else crossed my mind...

In 2010, our fans found similarities between me and F(x)'s Krystal. Our similar trait was our noses (they're big). Having met on stage a few times, we just laughed at those observations. We even took a selfie together for the fans. And guess what...? No one seemed to mind at all! Not even CEO-nim.