Chapter 3: First Encounter (Namjoon & Namjoo POV)

First Posted On: April 15th 2016

Last Updated On: April 15th 2016

A/N: This takes place in September 2012.

~ ~ ~

(Namjoon / Rap Monster POV)

"RAP MON!!!" I heard the fans screaming my name. Along with the members, we were already quite used to the popularity BEST was receiving so far. We recently celebrated the third anniversary of our debut in Kpop, and we have made the most of it after all these years.

Right then, BEST had a fan sign event in 'M' Shopping Atrium. It was meant to show our appreciation to our fans who showed support for us over the recent album promotion.

Speak of which, I was once again reminded of the whole issue surrounding BEST and APink. You know that rumour where our members were sharing the same family names as APink's members?

The members could never go a day without hearing this issue. Even if the staff don't bring it up, we would still chance upon these 'theories' in comments on our videos. Heck, I even watched a fan video attempting to prove I was related to APink's Namjoo. Quite funny actually...

The day I do meet Namjoo sshi face to face, it probably will be a decisive moment. Right? Hopefully we won't hate each other...

"Oppa?! OPPA!" a fan waved her hands in front of me. Oh right, I forgot I was doing a fan sign. Kim Namjoon you cannot be distracted by some trivial matter now!

"Mianhae~" I bowed my head to the fan and signed on our CD (which she bought). CEO-nim really doesn't like it when BEST is not making the fans happy enough. We'd get punished otherwise.

So it was, the rest of the fan meeting went on without incident. The crowd of fans moved along smoothly and the members and I managed to interact with them. It was gratifying to see such a huge turnout too.

Strangely, I thought I saw a vaguely familiar figure somewhere in the crowd. But I didn't think much of that.

At last, the event was over. As we began packing up, my throat began to feel a little parched.

"Dongwoon hyung!" I called him. "I want to go to Seven-Eleven and get some drinks. Anything you all want?"

"Soda!" Sehun overheard me and placed his order.

"But what kind, Sehun ah?" Dongwoon face-palmed.

"Why didn't you ask me too?!" Doojoon hyung complained.

After the members had calmed down, I got two orders of Sprite for Dongwoon and Sehun, one order of 7UP for Doojoon, and three orders of strawberry milk for the rest of us.

"Seriously...?" Chanyeol laughed. "Strawberry milk?"

With that settled, I went to the nearby Seven-Eleven convenience store. Lately, our managers have been quite lenient on us buying stuff from convenience stores after public events. I suppose he understood we needed to live.

I left by the back of the mall; near the loading bay. Unlike the main entrances of the mall, this area was darker and more dodgy. But the alleyway in front of me is the fastest way to the Seven-Eleven where I would not encounter any fans.

"This is nothing..." I acted nonchalant as I surveyed the surroundings. I put on my mask to disguise myself from the fans.

My footsteps felt heavy as I trudged down the alley. It was as if...I was dreading something bad was about to happen.