Chapter 6: Mystery Solved? (Namjoon & Namjoo POV)

First Posted On: May 13th 2016

Last Updated On: May 13th 2016

~ ~ ~

(Namjoon / Rap Monster POV)

"HECK I DON"T KNOW?! I didn't even realise this was your neighbourhood!"

"But how could you still be in my neighbourhood at that time. From the photos, it looks like they were taken just seconds apart!"

"I don't even remember what my neighbourhood looked like!"

Yep, Namjoo and I were quarreling over our childhood photos. We were so noisy, the other APink members pushed us into Namjoo's room. Oh man...how embarrassing...and I sense more rumors on the way.

Anyway back to the main problem. For some reason, we had taken our photos at the same place and roughly the same time...but how?

"Pfft," Namjoo found my earlier comment ridiculous. "How can you possibly not know your neighbourhood. It's the place you grew up in for crying out loud."

Unexpectedly, she hit a sensitive topic. I've only remembered growing up in BT Entertainment. And...that's it. The memories of my childhood are so vague, they're as good as dust. So much so that I barely, no cannot even, remember my parent's faces...

"What?" Namjoo demanded an answer from me. "Why oppa? Why aren't you saying anything?!"

"Because..." I told her. "I..."

"But-" she was about to press on when I finally spoke:

"I don't just have no memories of my neighbourhood. I don't know who are my parents, I don't know if I have any siblings, relatives, old friends... Basically, I have a cloudy past, and it hurts to see people with families while I'm the one struggling all alone..."

There I said it. I wanted answers too. But it would not happen without first revealing some truths...about myself. I hoped Namjoo would share some similar truths too. Although, I knew I was not telling her the full story.

"C-C-Choesonghaeyo oppa..." she turned remorseful. "I-I-I...didn't mean to hurt you...jinja..."

"It's okay, Namjoo," I held her hand. "But in all seriousness...I miss my family..."

"Nado..." she accidentally blurted out. What did she mean? I gave her a quizzical look.

"Oh..." she saw how confused I was. "I mean I miss part of my family..."

"Right...your brother..." I nodded with understanding. "Whom I remind you so much of."

That's when I saw tears threatening to escape Namjoo's eyes. I began to panic slightly...did I also hit that sensitive topic?

"OPPA~!!!" she embraced me suddenly. Perhaps the thought of her missing brother engulfed her emotions again. I lent her my shoulder to lean on, but immediately regretted doing so because I realised I forgot to put on deodorant. Great, she'll complain of my atrocious body odour afterward...

...or not? Her eyes suddenly widened, but not because she was disgusted.

"Namjoon oppa..." she was struggling to find words. "Y-Y-You have...the same scent as my brother!!"

HOW?!

"He's been missing for years. Are you sure you aren't hallucinating?" I tried clarifying with her.

"I'm absolutely sure..." she looked certain. "Every time he returns home from playing basketball, he smells exactly like that; smelly."

I like playing basketball too... Now that Namjoo mentioned that fact, I seemingly might be increasingly similar to Namjoo's brother...