Chapter 2: Sharing The Same... (Third Person POV)

First Posted On: April 15th 2016

Last Updated On: April 15th 2016

A/N: This takes place years later, in 2011. And it stretches into 2012.

~ ~ ~

    "I said 'GROWL' not 'GRAWL'!!" the choreographer for the boy group 'BEST' scolded the members. "You all should be getting these lyrics right even though I'm not in charge of that."

    "But hyung..." one of the members, Chanyeol, tried to reason, "We keep learning all day. Besides it is not our promotion period now..."

    "Does it look like I care?" the choreographer continued his rant. "Better iron out these problems immediately then."

    With that, he left the practice room and left the six 'BEST' members speechless.

    "Hyung," another member, Sehun, sounded worried. "Is he going to tell on our manager?"

    "Molla Sehun ah..." Chanyeol sighed. "Molla..."

    And with good reason. Nothing has changed for the last six years of the group's idol life. This included four years of training. The six members all had a story to tell when it came to treatment by their superiors in Big Town (BT) Entertainment.

    'BEST' debuted in 2009, and have released two highly successful mini-albums up till now. They have a huge number of fans, which include some top members of other idol groups, but no official fanbase as of 2011.

    There are six members. Like most Kpop groups, the eldest member, Yoon Doojoon, is the leader. All the members look up to him as he has a fatherly image. He's the only member of BEST born in the 80's, in 1989. The rest of the members are 90's kids.

    Second in line is 1991-born Son Dongwoon. He is actually close friends with Dojoon since childhood. Unknowingly scouted together, they have maintained this close bond ever since. Dongwoon takes on BEST's visual role and fans call him: 'Son Namshin'.

    And then Park Chanyeol is next. Born in 1992, he is also the tallest member of the group with a yoda-like image (thanks to his big ears). Together with Dojoon and Dongwoon, they make up the 'hyung-line'.

    Making up the maknae-line are the three remaining members of BEST: Jung Hoseok, Oh Sehun and Kim Namjoon. They are all born in 1994. Unlike Sehun, Hoseok and Namjoon have picked their own stage names: 'J-Hope' and 'Rap Monster'. The latter himself is the group's lead rapper, despite being the youngest member.

    All six members have a common aspiration to be singers. And in many ways, they have achieved that as a very popular boy group. They liked being on stage and performing in front of fans. They were indeed living their dream! But it doesn't come without costs though. Their schedules are so packed, they only get two to three hours of sleep on a normal day.

    They complained about their tiring activities again.

    "Ugh!" Namjoon grumbled. "Why are we still putting up with our company's proposal?! Aren't we all tired of it already?"

    "And the staff aren't attending to our requests most of the time!" Hoseok agreed.

    "I know..." Dongwoon sighed. "But we did sign the contract...so do we have a choice?"

    "All I ever asked was to see my parents again...for once..." Sehun was the next to speak up. "Still waiting for that day."

    I guess even though they were fulfilling their dreams, the didn't particularly fancy how their daily lives were turning out over time.