Chapter 4: Reminiscence (Namjoon & Namjoo POV)

First Posted On: April 19th 2016

Last Updated On: April 30th 2016

~ ~ ~

(Namjoon / Rap Monster POV)

My mind could not get over the night I met APink's Namjoo. Not just because I was stunned to notice her beauty up close. Seriously, watching clips with her in it, I could see her cute persona, but there was more to her looks than aegyo-ness.

It was her face that made me restless that evening. Now that I thought about what the fans were saying about us...I must confess, they perhaps had a point.

Namjoo reminded me of...of... URGH! Why am I getting insane?! I know I've seen that face somewhere before. Well before the day I first saw her on APink News Season One.

But that was not important. When I saw her getting attacked by those men, a whole different set of feelings surged within me. Hatred for those men, will to save the victim, and the desire to protect her.

All this...what did it mean?

"Joon ah, she struck you didn't she?" Hoseok tapped my shoulders.

"Ne..." I answered. "Geundae...is it possible to feel protective like that?"

"What do you mean by protective?" he asked.

"Ani...hyung, you know I'm the worst fighter in the group," I admitted. "But that night I sent those men packing. It's like, they knew not to mess with me and..."

"I'd say you got lucky..." Hoseok chuckled before leaving me speechless on the spot.

Regaining my composure, I went to our dorm's kitchen. Doojoon hyung was there sipping his cup of afternoon tea.

"Maknae," he slid a piece of paper to me. "The shopping list for this week."

Yep, I was the errand runner.

"I'll be back soon, hyung," I replied as I prepared to leave for the supermarket. It was only a fifteen minute walk from our dorm, but not an enjoyable one since I usually walked alone.

Exiting the building BEST stayed in, I soaked in the surroundings. It was a crisp, autumn afternoon and there wasn't much traffic around. Pretty peaceful if I said so myself.

When I was in front of the supermarket though...

"Fancy meeting you here," I heard a familiar voice.

"Namjoo?" I was surprised to see her walking in the same direction as me. No wonder I thought I heard footsteps approaching earlier.

"Ne," she grinned. "Let me guess...your members..."

"Pushed the errands to me, yes," I told her plainly. "Same story for you?"

"You could say that..." she nodded. "Actually today uri Hayoungie has to go to school, so I offered to help her get the stuff from the supermarket for the group."

Oh man...so we'll be shopping together?!

"Kaja!" Namjoo dragged me. "You don't want to leave your members waiting right?"

We decided to follow each other around the supermarket and chatted along the way. To say no one recognised us would be not true. I heard whispers from others saying that we were Kpop celebrities. But more often than not, I heard: "They really do look alike..."

While we were browsing the frozen food section, I took another glance at Namjoo's face. Now, in the light, I got a better picture.

The fans must be blind...Namjoo's eyes are wide, beady and filled with eagerness (no pun intended). Mine...um...