Chapter 19: It was her

Peridots P.O.V

I couldn't believe my eyes, out of all the people Lapis had to be hurt, I stared straight towards Turquoise, lying on the floor holding her jaw in pain, she deserved it. I look back at the horrible scene of Lapis out cold on the floor, her mouth slightly open, I can see her breathe which relieves me, but why, why did Rocko do it?

"Rocko I want an explanation!" I chocked. She simply stated at Lapis in fear, her hands covering her stone grey face, the faint whispers of her praying "no no no god please no god-" over and over. Had she realized what she had just done? Was this all a mistake? Was she in some sort of trance or something? I couldn't quite put a finger to it but all I knew was I needed to get to Lapis.

Quickly I stood up from the floor, wobbling a little, and slowly marched towards the scene. She lay there in silence, her skin still warm as a blanket. I attempt to pick her up and drag her out of the building, I'll think missing one meet will be fine, or maybe the rest of the meets.

"S-stop" Rocko pleads. A tear rolled down her cheek, why is she crying? She hurt my girlfriend! She hurt my girl if anything I should be crying right now! I give her a dirty look for having pity in herself. She speed walks over and lifts Lapis's head up to give her support. "L-let me help, please.". What, her, help? What the hell?! "Hell no, how can I trust you with her, you literally just knocked her out!" I yelp loudly, almost too loudly. I begin to pick up the pace so I can escape Rocko's brute self- but of course she catches up to me since I happen to have pretty short legs and I'm not exactly the strongest person in the world.

"Please let me explain!". "Oh okay then, explain yourself!". "I-I... I was only trying to stop her, it's not like I like Turquoise- but if things continued she could've been charged or sued by Turquoise!". Hmm, Rocko does seem to have a point.. "But you didn't have to hurt her! You could've just held her back, your strong enough!". Rocko's build was like a boulder, her glossy black hair shook with empathy. "I'm sorry Peridot, I didn't know what else to do, I panicked... just please, let me help you with her.". I sighed, giving in to her sorrow I gestured for her to come over and help me carry Lapis out of the building. On the way out I hear Turquoise screech "This isn't over!". Pshh yeah whatever, what could she possibly do?

Rocko and I push our way through the front doors of the building and carry Lapis to the truck. As we cross the parking lot I hear Rocko mumble "I'm sorry about Turquoise, I should've warned y'all today she'd be at the meet..". "Well it would've been nice to know but- at least you sort of stopped Lapis from getting sued for kicking Turquoise's ass!" I laugh a little, remembering Turquoise's face when she realized Lapis was about to punch her.

"Yeah sorry about that, I guess I didn't handle things in the best way..". "Hey, it's cool, well, thanks for helping me get Lapis into the truck, I'll drive her home and get her fixed up." I say while letting my hand out to shake Rocko's. I glance at Lapis, worried something permanent could've happened to her... hopefully not. Rocko shakes my hand and nods her head towards the building. "You do that, I think I'm gonna fix things up back inside.". "Good idea!". I adjust the seat so it's closer to the steering wheel and begin to start the car up, I watch Rocko turn her back and walk inside as I back out of the parking lot. Before I drive off she looks back at me and waves, I wave back.