THREE

RIHANNA POV
It was about 10 o'clock now. Everyone had pretty much faded out into their own lives. Aside from the girls and Chris, Trey and Joyce were the only people left from our dinner party.

Joyce was off sleeping in a guest room.

Majesty had nodded off on the couch. While Royalty was outside with her father and Trey.

They were fawning over the new car I bought for Chris. It was a blue Lamborghini Aventador and it matched the one we'd bought for Royalty. Maj's car matches my G- Wagon.

I thought about carrying Maj up to bed, but after the last time I tried to and dropped her down the stairs, I decided it was best to leave her for Chris.

I didn't need Chris yelling at me and telling about how much of a terrible mother I was again.

I wasn't a bad mother. I was the best parent in our relationship. Chris has all but forgotten about Royalty until we went to visit his mother. If it wasn't for me, Royalty would still have her better parent in her life.

No. No.

I didn't mean that. Chris was a good father... It was being a husband that he was bad at.

No.

I didn't mean that either. It was me. I was the problem.

"Hey, Rob." Trey said with a smile. "I wanted to talk to your about your proposal."

"Sure, sure." I smiled back, turning my attention from the dishes to Trey.

I hadn't really been washing them anyway.

"I wanted to talk about the job, you know, on your security team."

"Yeah? Please tell me you'll apply."

"Apply?" He seemed a little confused. "I thought you were offering me the job."

"Yes. Well. I am, to an extent." I laughed. "I really trust you and I feel safe and secure when I know you're watching out for me, but those aren't the only requirements for the job. I there are training and physical requirements as well. You have to physically be able to protect my family."

"Oh forreal?" He seemed legitimately more interested now.

"You know I don't take my safety lightly, Trey."

He laughed. "How would this work, you know, if I got the job?" He asked. "Would I quit security here or what?"

"I think you could continue you here on a more part time basis. Anytime I would need you outside of these gates, you'd have notice. I cater to my employees when needed."

I was lying mostly. Trey would have to apply and perhaps jump through a few hoops, like drug testing and a firearms showcase, but the job was his and his alone. I just didn't want him to feel like I was giving him charity. He'd earned it after all this time taking care of us. Trey deserved more than he was being paid.

I hadn't been lying about catering to my employees. My current assistant was working on her second degree. I'd pitched in and helped a bit more with her tuition, not because she was my charity case but because she deserved it. She worked hard for me and I wanted to see her succeed. She wanted better for herself so I wanted it too.