FIVE

December 31
CHRIS POV
Robyn was supposed to perform a set in New York for New Years, but she'd gotten so drunk that we couldn't wake her up to get her on the plane.

She was laughing about it now as her assistant was going on an apology phone tour.

Robyn wanted to go out to a club to ring in the New Year, but I had no desire to. The last thing I needed was a room full of people cheering her on to drink more and more and the last thing she needed was her issues plastered on the face of every magazine.

I wanted the world for her still even when she acted like she didn't want it for herself.

For now, her assistant was babysitting her upstairs until I could get the girls to go to bed. Robyn had freaked out about seeing someone in the backyard with Royalty. We both knew she was hallucinating like she always been when she drank too much.

Royalty had just been talking to Dizzy in her playhouse. She spent most of her time out there with her friend. I'd grown concerned about it, but her doctor told me it was nothing to worry about. Robyn had gone ballistic though.

I sighed heavily.

I love my wife. I love my wife. I love my wife.

I'd been repeating that more than I'd wanted too in the last week or so.

I was having to constantly remind myself of my love for her.

I focused back in on my daughters, playing in the floor in front of me. Maj was trying to play dress up with Royalty, but Ro wasn't interested. She'd just been looking out the window, watching and waiting for something.

Her doctor had explained to me that the girls might start acting off in reaction to Robyn. He said it would be worse for Royalty due to everything she had already been through.

That meant all of this had to stop.

It's not as if I hadn't known that Robyn's drinking would effect the girls, I did, I didn't know it would effect them quicker than I could help my wife.

But at this point, I don't know if Robyn even wanted help or if I could help her.

I hadn't given up on her, but I had given up on helping her first. The girls were first now and they would remain there.

"Can I sleep now?" Royalty said, keeping her eyes on the ground outside the window.

I titled my head in her direction. "Uh, yeah, sure. I'll come in at midnight to wish you a happy new year."

"No thanks." She said before getting up from her seat and heading for the door. "Goodnight."

Maj looked up at me and then over at her sister before looking back at me. "I wanna sleep too, like sissy."

"Are you gonna let Daddy kiss you for the New Year?"

"No!" She laughed running out behind her sister.

Now I needed a drink.

I flipped off the lights in the playroom before heading to my and Robyn's room. Her assistant was sitting in a chair next to the bed, watching tv as Robyn slept.

"Can you go make sure the girls brush their teeth before bed?" I asked, hoping another task wouldn't be too much.

"Sure, Chris. When Robyn wakes up, let her know that she still hasn't recorded anything for her album and Samsung is up my ass."

I nodded. "You do my job and I'll do yours."

I hoped she'd have better luck with Royalty's attitude than I did.