SIXTEEN

CHRIS POV
I had wanted so badly to chase after Robyn after she stormed out of Dr. Ortega's office.

But I didn't.

Partly because I hadn't told her to full truth and was scared of how she would react when I did, but mostly because Dr. Ortega stopped me.

I talked with him for the rest of the hour I had with him about what I was feeling and what I would say to Robyn when I saw her again.

I love my wife. I know that. Somehow I had convinced her that I didn't.

I pulled up at the gates about three hours later. Honestly, I was rather surprised that Robyn hadn't told them to keep me out.

Maybe she did intend on killing me...

Trey's vehicle was still in our driveway when I pulled up. I knew I had to convince him first before I talked to Robyn. She trusted him but she didn't trust me right now.

That's when I saw Mel's car.

I knew I was in for it now.

I expected to be greeted with yelling and cussing when I came through the door.

But I wasn't.

It was quiet except for the laughing coming from the backyard. I could hear the girls and Mel back there, but no Robyn. More importantly, no Trey.

I walked back to the patio door just to check, but neither were back there.

I couldn't help but think about what they were doing together.. what they were doing alone together.

Rushing up the stairs, I must have beat down every door to every room, trying to catch them together, but I didn't find them.

I felt so stupid thinking I would find them together. I felt so stupid thinking that Robyn would ever cheat on me.

I headed back to the patio to at least see my daughters after being away for so long.

"What are you doing here?"

She was pissed.

Robyn glared up at me from the bottom of the stairs. She was wearing a gold bikini and had her hair up in a messy bun. There was a towel wrapped loosely around her waist and some kind of red scarf wrapped around her hair.

"Can we talk please? I need to talk to you. I need to apologize."

"I told you not to come home."

"You can kill me later, ok" I smiled at her trying to lighten the mood, but it only pissed her off more.

"Ay Rob, I gotta g- ..." Trey looked between the two of us. "Is everything ok?"

She nodded then smiled over at him. "You can go if you need to. Mel is here."

He nodded back, seeming uneasy.

I wanted to talk to him first but how would that look? My wife just asked me for a divorce and I ignore that badly needed conversation to talk to her employee??

She was already so angry with me.

... what did I have to lose?

"I'll walk with you." I said continuing down the stairs.

Robyn huffed angrily and pushed past me heading up the stairs.

I noticed Trey's knuckles turning white the closer I got to him. What the hell did she tell him?

"You tryna steal my wife from me?" I laughed, only half joking as we headed out the front door.

Trey grinned, shaking his head a little. "What did you want to talk to me about?"