SIX

New Years Day
RIHANNA POV
My eyes opened what felt like seconds later. I say up in the bed, looking hastily around the room.

It was quiet. Everything was still.

I could see the sunlight subtly glowing from being the blinds.

It was morning. Again?

I jumped out of bed in a rush to find Royalty and Chris, but my legs felt like jelly under the weight of my body. I collapsed to the ground, my face colliding hard with the cold wood floors.

I groaned, gripping the edge of the bed to help pull myself up to my feet.

"Rob," Chris sighed, gripping my arm, "you need to get back in bed."

I nodded as he helped me up into the bed. "I had this awful dream. Roy-"

I stopped seeing the large bandage plastered across my foot.

"No...." I cried, looking up at Chris. "I didn't mea-"

"Robyn, you've got to stop." He said firmly. "You've got to get help because I can't do this anymore. I want my wife back."

"I didn't mean to hurt her, Chris. I just-"

"No, this is the second time Rob. You're hurting the kids we do have with the stupid shit you're doing. I can't watch you willfully destroy yourself anymore. I can't watch you destroy our family. You have to stop."

"Stop what? I'm not-..." I froze for a moment, registering his words. "The kids we do have? What's that supposed to mean? You blame me? You think it's my fault? You think I wanted to kill my baby? Do you thi-"

Chris gripped my shoulders shaking me gently. "Shut up!" He shook his head. "This isn't about you anymore. This is about our family. Do you not see what you're doing to us?"

"Where's Royalty? I want to te-"

"She's safe, Maj too."

"Safe? My girls are safe with me. Where are they?"

"No Rob, you proved last night that they aren't safe with you. You proved to me and to them that they don't come first to you but I'll be damned if I dont put them first now."

"WHERE ARE MY GIRLS CHRIS?!" I yelled, raising my hand and slapping him hard.

He chuckled stepping back. "They are safe. That's what matters."

"If you keep my girls from me, I'll kill you. I swear to God Chris, I will murder you and your bitch of a m-" I paused squinting. "They're with your mother... She can't legally keep me from them Chris. I'll have her ass arrested. I swear to God!"

He shook his head again. "You'll do what you have to and I'll do what I have to. I have to protect them from whatever, even you. If you don't stop drinking, you will always be what I have to protect them from."

"Is that a threat?"

"Robyn, it's a promise. I will gladly die protecting them."

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" I screamed.

"That's your res-"

"GET OUT!" I screamed again.

Chris lunged at me, covering my mouth with his hand. "I'm trying to help you! I know you can't quit on your own. I'm trying to give us back to you and you won't let me. You're too busy being stubborn! If you won't get help, you won't see us again, Rob, I promise. So what's it going to be?"

I put my hands on his chest, shoving him back. "Don't you ever put your hands on me!"

"For just a second will you actually listen to me?" He begged, dropping to his knees. "Goddammit woman, I fucking love you. Do you hear me? I love you. I want you. I need you. We need you, but you're not who you should be right now. Robyn please, I'm begging you."