THIRTEEN

The next day...
INDIA POV
"I know boo, I'm sorry I left without telling you this morning."

My boo had showed up at my apartment yesterday. He was upset. I was putting in serious overtime hours to keep his mind off his stresses, but by the time the morning hit I was into work mode.

From what I could understand Robyn was in a downward spiral. AGAIN. But this time Chris wasn't going to be there to carry her back up.

That was my job this time.

"I'll be back in a few hours if you want to wait for me.."

I could tell by the tone in his voice that he wasn't happy that I was choosing her over him. But she was my boss. My success relied heavily on hers.

"I'm at her door now.. I'll call you later, please don't be mad."

Quickly, I tucked my phone into my purse before using the key left for me at the front desk to gain entry to the suite.

Opening the door, the first thing I saw was Trey looking just as fine as he wanted to.

His chocolate chest was glistening with sweat, highlighting all of his muscles with perfect definition.

He was wearing only a pair of gray sweatpants and some black socks as he gulped down a bottle of water.

"Replenishing before the second round?" I teased, coming closer to him.

"Huh?" He tilted his head at me before shaking it. "Oh, nah.. I always start my morning with a workout. I was down in the gym."

"There's no better workout than sex."

It was then that I decided that I was definitely going to have sex with this man. I wasn't his type and he wasn't really mine. But the man was a whole snack!

"No argument here." He laughed.

"Where the boss lady?"

He nodded towards the master then retreated into what I assume was his own room.

"You searched everything?" Robyn whispered.

"There was no one there. We checked three times." Jayceon Taylor, her head security guard, responded.

"Well check again!"  She yelled at a hushed whisper.

"What's going on Robyn?" I asked.

She waved Jay out of the room then flashed a smile at me. "I'm so glad you came. I'm feeling very..." she sighed.

"Tell me what's bothering you, baby girl." I said as I joined her on her bed.

"Someone's after me, but I can't even prove it. They're trying to destroy me, my image, and my family and I can't prove they exist." 

I had already spoken to Chris, so I had a pretty good idea about what was happening, but playing dumb was a specialty of mine.

"What do you mean?"

She explained how Trey had checked multiple times and told her she never left that day but there was a receipt for alcohol from that day. But she's sent me on alcohol runs before so I didn't see the big deal.

She went on to tell me about how there was no one on the camera system which I admit as was a little odd but she had also taught me how to avoid the cameras so Chris wouldn't be able to see me bringing her anything.

So yeah things were a little weird, but Rob could've just gotten black out drunk like Chris said and forgot about organizing the drop off.

"So what's the plan then?" I asked.

She seemed surprised that I'd accepted her badly put together conspiracy theory. "I have the guys checking the house for someone or traces of someone."

"And if they don't find anyone, then what's the story?"

"It's not a story!" She shook her head angrily. "Someone is trying to ruin me, why don't you care?"

"I care about you Robyn, you know that. You and Chris have been so good to me. If I didn't care about you I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't have helped take care of your-"

"Now if I hear you say what me think you bout to, I'm gon bash you a good one. You hear me?"

She was forcing her accent out a little harder than it normally would come out.

Robyn had spent less and less time around her own family after having Majesty. Her own mother hadn't even met Majesty in person since she was born.

Spending years separated from her roots was causing Robyn to lose her island flow which on one hand was better for her brand because people could understand her, but on the other hand it was causing a major lift in her family and probably in her heart.

But what made Robyn money made me money and that was my focus.

"When you were gone, I took care of your family. I didn't have to do that for you, but I did because I care about them and about you."

"GET OUT!" Robyn locked her hand in my hair, gripping it tightly as she threw me off the bed. "Get the hell out of here."

"You can't be mad if you want to." I said standing up and brushing myself off. "But that's the truth. I love Chris. I love Majesty. I love Royalty. I love you. I'm trying to keep you in your daughter's lives."

Robyn charged at me, but stopped suddenly. "In their lives? I'm their mother, why wouldn't I be in their lives?"

Fuck.

Tilting her head, she inched closer. "What do you know? Did Chris say something?"

Fuck.

"No..." I shook my head quickly. "But does he have to Rob? You can't keep asking him to put his life on hold because you can't put down the bottle. He's a man and he has needs. You can't fill them from reh-"

Before I could finish my sentence, Robyn had gripped my hair and pulled me down into a headlock.

Jayceon and Trey bolted through the door as she tightened her arm around my neck.

"Robyn, what are you- let her go Rob." Trey held out his hand towards us. "Rob let her go."

I could feel her adjusting, slowly sinking to her knees and driving her knee into my back. Her breath was hot on the nape of me neck as she whispered, "stay away from my husband, bitch."

"I HAVENT TOUCHED HIM!" I yelled hoarsely. "Rob plea-please.. I wouldn't."

This was the first time she'd ever gotten physical with me but she had done it so easily I couldn't help but wonder if she was this physical with Chris.

If she was, he really did deserve better.

Robyn shoved me off her knee, letting my body hit the floor with a loud thud.

"I'm cool, I'm cool." She muttered, backing away from me.

Jayceon leaned down to help me up and Trey focused in on Robyn.

I wanted to be mad at her. I really did. But part of me kind of believed her little story now. This was a different type of Robyn, one I had never seen before.

Drunk Robyn wasn't like this. In bad need of a drink Robyn wasn't like this.

She was scared, actually without a doubt scared.

I took Jayceon's hand and rose to my feet.

"Let's give her some time, eh?" He said guiding me out of the room.