Chapter 7

Forget the Mask
Chapter 7

Marinette's POV

"Good morning, Marinette." I heard Tikki say as I woke up from my be. The room was still unfamiliar to me.

"Aah!" Once I got out from my her I immediately fell down. I was so used to either jumping, walking or running down the stairs connected to my bed.

"Are you ok there Marinette?"  I heard Mama yell from downstairs.

"Yeah!" I yelled back and looked at the time from a wall clock on the wall, obviously.

Wait.....ten o'clock?!
How- wha- why?!

"Mama! Why didn't you wake me up?!" I yelled as I went down stairs in a hurry.

"You were sound asleep, besides what reason is there to wake you up dear?" Mama asked as she continued to sip her tea.

"What reason? School." I answered as I grabbed a croissant and began to eat it quickly.

"Dear, the school was damaged by the earthquake. It'll take a while before the repair finishes." Mama answered. Great! I don't need to wake up that early anymore.

"Oh and, Principal Damocles said that starting on Monday, the school will be having their classes somewhere safer until the repairs are finished."
Mama added, Aww.....I thought there'll be no school. No homeworks. No projects......wait, the project!
Oh Gawd, what will I do?

Right after I finished my breakfast, a knock was heard.
Since Mama and Papa are preparing bread for deliveries, I opened the door.

It's Alya, Nino and Adrien.
I guess their here for the project.....wait how'd they know this is the apartment we got? I haven't even told Alya yet.

"Hey guys, how'd you know I'm here?" I asked.
"Couldn't you at least let us come in?" Alya countered jokingly. And I just mentioned them to come in.

"So, how did you know I live here? And why are you here?" I asked once again,
"I don't know, Adrien told us." Alya answered the first question, wait. H-how'd Adrien know?!
I just eyed him curiously as I know words won't come out.
"A little bird told me." He answered simply, I wonder who this little bird is.
It might be Chat, he's the only one who knew. But why would Chat even tell Adrien?
"I-Uhh....y-yeah. So w-why are you guys here?"
"Nino suggested to check on Alya, then we saw her walking around the streets." Adrien started and Alya eyed Nino in a joking manner.
"Y-yeah, and the dudette said she,s going to your place and Adrien told her the way." Nino said after Alya looked at me.

"So, what do you need Alya?" I asked.
The kitchen is already getting filled with the tasty aroma of bread.
"Well, I came to check on you. If your fine and all, you haven't called me." Alya said and I just smiled at her and she smiled back.
Silence filled the air and being in the same room as Adrien isn't helping me at all.

"Marinette!" I heard my papa call me from the kitchen.
"Yes Papa?" I asked as I peeked my head through the door.
"Can you deliver this bread? Here's the address." My dad said handing me a piece of paper and a basket of bread.
"Sure! I have nothing else to do anyway." I said and papa thanked me.
"Marinette, the landlord let us borrow some of her children's bicycles, it might help you with the deliveries." Mama said handing me keys, for the lock thing I guess.