Chapter 8

Forget the Mask
Chapter 8

Marinette's POV

It was night time when we finished the deliveries, especially since we need to take breaks from pedalling and stuff. Right now, my friends are in my room talking and eating some éclairs.

As for me, I'm eating some Chou crème since I already had some éclairs during the delivery.

"So they're planning to cancel the founding anniversary?" I heard Adrien ask and I myself got curious. Thinking that the school could've used this events to lift up the students' worries from the previous events.

"Yeah, they could have used the events to help us students recover from the shock." Alya said as she echoed my thoughts.

"Well, I heard a faculty member say that too....." Nino said and trailed of at the end.

"Let me guess, what Chloe wants, Chloe gets?" I muttered as I chewed on another puff.

"Yeah.....sort of." Nino muttered, well that is expected. Chloe practically has the whole school faculty under her control.

"What should we do now?" Alya asked since we didn't have any plans for the next days except for doing the project.

"Well, I don't know about you guys but I have a contest to enter." I muttered as I finished the last of my puffs filled with chocolate and custard.

"Contest?" I heard Adrien ask as he munched on another éclair.

"I Uhh..no, I mean. Uh- yeah, sort off?" There goes me again. Good God Marinette, if you don't stop soon senpai will hate you!
And there goes me scolding myself again....

"Cool, which one?" He asked again, curious I guess?

"Uhh....the one? I mean- Elysées Champs over in- I mean! The one h-held near Champs Elysées. Ehehe....." I replied, geez we were talking quite fine during the project why not now?

"Ah, that one! You know-" Adrien started talking but a loud crash was heard, well not a crash more likely the sound of thunder.

I looked out of the window and saw rain. It just started yet it's so strong already.

"Aww not cool dude. Not cool." Nino muttered as its Adrien's fault.

"Hey! I didn't do anything." Adrien countered.

"Boys." Alya muttered as she just shook her head. Then her phone rang, it was her mom.

"Hey mom. What's up?" Alya said, I barely understood what her mother is saying but I think it's along the line of 'dark clouds, obviously.'

"Mom! Seriously what?" Alya asked laughing a bit.
Then Alya was quiet, her mom is probably talking.

"Ok mom, I'll ask Mari." Alya said and looked at me.

"Hey Uhh, can I sleep over Marinette?" Alya asked mentioning towards the dark sky and rain.

"Yeah, sure. I guess?" I replied not knowing if there's enough room for both of us.