Chapter 2: Dinner with the David's

Tony sat in his room, staring at his phone "C'mon. C'mon. Text me!" He thought to himself.

Finally, his phone buzzed, and he grabbed it with lightening speed. He had a text message.

Hello Tony, this is Ziva David.
My father said yes! How about we come in about 5-10 minutes.

See you soon :-)

Tony let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He texted back.

Yay! Sounds good. See you!
-Tony

He went to input her number in his contacts. He wrote 'Ziva' where it said 'name', but then took it out. He smiled and typed 'My Ninja'. He saved her contact, and threw his phone on his bed.

He picked out something nice to wear, and went downstairs to help his sisters set the table.

-----------------------------------------------------

The doorbell rang, and the Gibbs family all went to the door to greet the David family.

"So how old are you, Kate, and Abby?" Ziva asked Tony.

"I'm 17." Tony said. "Kate just turned 17, and Abby is 16. What about you?"

"I'm 16. Tali is turning 16 in a few months, and Ari is 18".

On the other side of the table, Gibbs turned to Ari.

"You are a senior. Correct?"

"Yes I am".

"Do you have any plans after you graduate?"

Eli David and Ari shared a look.

"I would like to be a doctor, but my father thinks that I should be a Mossad Officer. Like Ziva".

"Ziva's 16. She's in Mossad?" Gibbs asked, raising an eyebrow.

Ari opened his mouth to speak, but Eli spoke first.

"Ziva technically is not a member of Mossad yet, but I have been training her with Mossad Officers since she was very young".

Gibbs sipped his Bourbon, and said nothing.

Kate was also talking about future plans with Ari.

"I want to become an NCIS Agent, like my dad. If I don't get into NCIS, then I probably want to become a Secret Service Agent. I think it would be fun. Tony either wants to play basketball for Ohio state, or become an NCIS Agent. Abby wants to become a Forensic Scientist for NCIS.

Abby, Ziva, and Tali were all talking about their first day of high school in a week.

"Abby, what if I can't get my locker open, and I can't get to class in time!" Tali said nervously.

Abby laughed. "Tali, stop it with the what-if's! You'll be fine".

"You are a Junior, right?" Ziva asked Abby.

"Yeah, like you. I might have some classes with you, but there are a lot of Junior teachers". Abby answered.

Everyone finished their dinner around the same time, and Eli stood up.

"Thank you Mr. And Mrs. Gibbs for dinner. It was very delicious".

"Yes. Thank you". Ari, Ziva, and Tali echoed.

"It was my pleasure". Jenny said smiling. She also stood up.

Slowly, everyone stood up and walked to the front door. All the teenagers exchanged each other's phone numbers as they stood by the door. They all said their goodbye's and Gibbs shut the door.

Jenny and Gibbs shared a look.

"What?" Kate asked, looking at them.

"Ziva. I can't believe her father trained her in Mossad as soon as she could walk". Gibbs said, shaking his head.

Jenny put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I know". She said gently. I wonder what her mother had to say about that?

Gibbs growled. "She died Jen. When Ziva was six".

Kate gasped, Tony felt very sad, and Abby looked like she was about to cry.

"That's so sad". Kate said somberly. "Do you know how she died?"

"Ziva's father killed her". Gibbs said angrily. "She found out that her husband was cheating on her, and confronted him. He shot her".

With that, he walked away into his basement to work on his boat.

------------------------------------------------------

Tali and Ziva were in their room, talking excitedly about what happened durning dinner.

"Tony totally loooves you. I can see it in his eyes". Tali said to Ziva, while dramatically widening her eyes.

"He does not. We just met". Ziva said, blushing.

Tali broke into a fit of giggles, but was silenced when Ziva raised her hand.

"Shh, Tali. Do you hear that?" She asked. She stood up and crept out of their room. Tali followed close behind her.

It was Ari, and he was taking on the phone to someone. "See you soon Kate, shalom". He said into the phone.

Tali and Ziva exchanged glances. Tali burst into a fit of giggles, and hastily covered her mouth to muffle the sound.

It was too late. Before the girls had even begun to move, Ari appeared right in front of them with his hands on his hips.

"Now, you two by any chance weren't eavesdropping on my conversation, were you?" He asked with a smirk.

"Maybe a little". Tali said grinning. "You looove Kate". She started to make kissy faces at him.

Ari laughed and picked up his little sister. She shrieked with laughter as he started spinning around and around. He picked Ziva up too, and she also laughed as she was spun around. Ari only stopped when Eli's voice screamed at them to shut up from downstairs.

SHEKET BEVAKASHA!!!!"

------------------------------------------------------

It was almost midnight, and Tony couldn't sleep. He could hear talking and giggling from his sister's room. He rolled over, and grinned. They were probably talking about how dinner went.

The thought about dinner made him think about Ziva. He grabbed his phone, and sent her a text message.

Hey Ninja;)
I'm not doing anything tomorrow, so if you want, I can take you to this really fun amusement park that isn't very far from here.
Night!

He waited for an answer. He refused to go to sleep until she answered him back.
His phone buzzed.

Hey Tony.
No, I'm not doing anything tomorrow. I'd love to go with you. See you tomorrow! :-)

Tony smiled to himself before drifting off into a peaceful sleep.