Chapter 23: Nightmares

A month went by after Ziva shot and killed Ari. After Abby apologized to Ziva, the two of them became close friends again. Not as close as Tony and Ziva, but still very close. Tony's and Ziva's friendship was repaired. Their friendship was even stronger than before.
Eli David moved back to Israel. He was promoted to Director of Mossad, so he had to move back to Israel. Ziva was now staying at the Gibbs. She stayed in their guest room, that was right across the hall from Tony's room.
Tony almost laughed out loud at his teacher's faces (mainly Mr. Bradley's and Ducky) when he and Ziva walked hand-in-hand into their classrooms. Ducky ran up to her and shook her hand, welcoming her back. Mr. Bradley's face was a mixture of shock and disbelief, but then broke into a very wide smile.

.
It was after dinner, and Ziva was sitting on the kitchen counter, laughing at a joke Tony told her. Abby handed her and Tony a glass of lemonade. For being March, it was quite a warm evening. Ziva thanked her, and took a large gulp of the refreshing drink.

"You know Jimmy Palmer, from Anthropology class?" Abby asked, grinning deviously.

Both Tony and Ziva nodded. Jimmy Palmer was an awkward teenager, but a whiz in Anthropology. He was Ducky's favorite student, and always stayed after class to help Ducky clean up.

"Well," Abby continued. "Apparently he and Michelle Lee are secretly hooking up".

Tony snorted. "Michelle Lee? The girl from the debate team?" He asked incredulously.

Abby snickered. "Yeah, I know. It wouldn't surprise me if he knocked her up. Judging by how umm, active they are". Abby said, shaking her head.

Ziva scrunched up her nose. "I have a hard time believing that Jimmy Palmer would beat her up". She said.

"Knocked up, Ziva. Not knocked out". Tony corrected her.

"What's the difference?"

"Knocked up means to get pregnant".

Ziva made a small 'o' with her mouth to show that she understood .

.
Abby began to babble on about Jimmy Palmer should be dating Breena Slater, and not Michelle Lee. Tony, however was staring intently at Ziva.

Ever since Ziva came back, Tony noticed changes in her appearance. Ziva's skin looked pale and sunken; like she wasn't eating enough. And she had very large dark circles under her eyes that made it seem like she wasn't getting a wink of sleep (FYI: What she looks like in the episode Recoil).

Tony's thoughts about Ziva's well-being were interrupted when Jenny opened the door to the backyard porch. She stumbled inside, huffing and puffing, and resting her hand over her heart.

"I...saw...a snake...by the rosebush". She huffed. "Tony, please get rid of it for me".

Tony made a face. "Why do I have to kill it?"

"Because I asked you to". Jenny said, glaring at him. "Don't make me ask you again". Jenny warned him.

Tony was in the middle of speaking when Ziva swiftly jumped down from the kitchen counter and walked outside. Jenny, Abby, and Tony followed Ziva down the porch steps, and into Jenny's garden.

Ziva stopped in front of a huge rosebush, and crouched down. She spotted a large Garter snake slithering through the thick stems of the rosebush. In a flash, Ziva grabbed the snake with her bare hands and broke its neck. It hung limp in her hands as she flung it over the fence.

The three of them gaped at Ziva as she walked back to them.

"Under control". Ziva said, smirking.