15

LONDON, ENGLAND.
Grace, Ashton, Michael, Calum and I had arrived in England a few days ago. Today we went exploring our surroundings. We first went to a local café for breakfast, which was charming and cute. It reminded me of one of my dates with Luke; he took me out for breakfast and it was so cute.
Flashback
'My dearest Ebonie, would you like to go out for breakfast today?' Luke asked on the phone.
'I would love to,' I replied, smiling.
'I'll be at yours in ten minutes. See you soon, beautiful'
'Bye, I love you Luke'
I ended the call and went to my room to get ready. Looking for something cute to wear, I took out a loose white crop top and some high waisted denim shorts. I preferred to cover up, which is why I always wore high waisted shorts, jeans or skirts if I wore a crop top. I did my hair in a loose ponytail and applied my usual basic makeup. Then the doorbell rang and I quickly grabbed my purse before answering the door.
Luke greeted me with a smile and we gave each other a hug. I put my shoes on and walked to the car with Luke, hand in hand.
We had breakfast in a café and it was such a sweet little place. I ordered a bacon and egg sandwich, which I ate quickly. I looked up at Luke, who was looking at me contently. But his meal was untouched.
'Lukey?' I asked.
'Yes, Eb?' Luke replied.
'Aren't you going to eat?'
He looked down at his meal, shrugging.
'Oh yeah sorry, I was distracted'
He proceeded to eat his meal, talking to me in between. We chatted about what we were going to do after breakfast, and we agreed on going back to my place. I asked him how the band was going, he told me that they were writing new music. I loved the way Luke talked about music, his eyes would brighten and he would always smile. Words would tumble out of his mouth, talking about the band and what they had been up to. But today he told me that he was working on a particularly special song, and it was a surprise. I smiled, wondering about the song.
'Are you two ready for the bill?' A waitress asked.
'Yes,' Luke responded, retrieving his wallet.
He handed the waitress the money, and I rose from the chair. Luke and I walked out of the café, holding hands and smiling.
Now
Now I was walking out of the café again, only alone this time. I heard my friend's voice call out for me, but I didn't stop. Seeing a bench, I sat myself down and stared at London. It was a busy city, with fancy buildings and red buses. People rushed about with shopping bags, exploring little shops and crossing the streets. And while I looked, I thought of Luke and smiled sadly at the memory. I missed him so much. It was cold in London, and so I shivered slightly under the wind.
'Cold?' a young looking guy asked, sitting next to me.
'Just a bit,' I told him, almost laughing.
'It tends to be like this in London. You new here?' he questioned.
'I'm on a trip with my friends' I responded.
I looked up at him and gasped. Blonde hair, blue eyes, band tee visible under his unzipped jacket. He looked a lot like my Luke.
'Are you ok?' Luke look-a-like asked.
'Sorry, you just look a lot like my ex', I explained. My Luke.
'Well I can't exactly help that. I'm Liam, by the way.'
'Ebonie'
'Well hi Ebonie, nice to meet you'
'You too. I should probably get back to my friends now, Liam'.
'Wait, can we swap numbers, just in case you need some showing around.'
Since Calum organised a new number for me, I agreed and we swapped numbers. After saying goodbye, I went back into the café and found my friends still inside. When Grace saw me, she rushed up and gave me a hug. I sat down by the table and apologised for walking out.
'We didn't want to leave just in case you came back and didn't find us here' Michael clarified.
'What happened anyway?' Ashton asked.
'Luke' I simply stated.
'What about him?' Ash inquired.
'I just had a flashback of one of our dates at a café.'
'Oh, I'm sorry. We shouldn't have come here'
'No, its fine. But we should probably go now'
We left the café, going back to our hotel rooms. I sat on the bed as soon as I got in the room, confused about today's events. Grace was in the boys' room, probably talking and playing music.
I went on my phone and pressed contacts.
Liam.
He looked so much like Luke, and he was just as kind as him. Taking a chance, I decided to text him.
Me: Hi Liam, its Ebonie
L: Hey Ebonie :-)
My heart shattered like a glass hitting the floor. Liam may as well have been Luke's twin. The smiley face reminds me of Luke so much.
Me: What's up?
L: Just sitting in my room. You?
Me: Same. Well, my hotel room.
L: Hey, you seemed sad today, sitting alone on the bench.
Me: Yeah I was thinking about my ex
L: Tough breakup?
Me: He...passed away
L: I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have asked
Me: It's okay, you couldn't have known
L: To make it up to you, wanna hang out tomorrow for lunch? As friends, ofc
Me: Sure, leave me the details
He texted me the time and place, and then we said goodbye. I thought about the situation that just happened. Exhaustingly, I laid on the bed at the same time Grace walked in.
'Hey Eb', my best friend greeted.
'Hey Grace', I responded.
'Are you sure you're okay?'
'I think I just got myself into a date'