18

Author's note: this will most likely be my last chapter, there will be an epilogue after this though.

Ebonie's POV
I met up with Liam today, but I had Grace, Ashton, Calum and Michael with me. They had all agreed that they wanted to see him, so we went sightseeing together. First up was the local surroundings and Liam's favourite places. He took us to a nice department store that had a bit of everything; we split up in pairs. I bought another gift for Grace's birthday and something for my dog Bella. Cal did likewise, even though my best friend's birthday had already been, we were having a party tomorrow.
After paying for our items, we shoved the presents into my bag and met everyone else outside the store. Liam took us to his favourite place for lunch, then after that we were going to go to the Big Ben.

*skip to Grace's party*

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE!'
Everyone gathered for a group hug and the photographer snapped some photos of us. The boys had insisted on the photographer, since it was her sixteenth and we were in London after all. I looked around at the hotel party room, taking in the magical sight of the balloons, lights and decorations. The boys and I had been planning this since we got here to make sure it was well organised.
Streamers were draped on the walls, coloured ballons shone brightly and tinsel had been placed here and there. We chose the music together, and Calum cheekily snuck in 5sos tracks in the playlist. I chose some of my favourite songs and artists, including One Direction, Zayn and Selena Gomez. Right now 'One Dance' by Drake was playing, and we all sang along to Kyla's part. My friends and I took some food and a smile appeared on my face as we celebrated my best friend's birthday.

When it was time for cake, a rather extravagant cake might I add, everyone gathered round. Grace had a big knife in her hands and cut the sweet and colourful rainbow with the blade. We all cheered and wished her a happy birthday once again. I was so grateful for my best friend and everything she had done for me. She had been there through heartbreak and through high school crushes and the stress of school and just when I needed her. Grace was my rock, my best friend, my soulmate.

Speaking of soulmates actually, it suddenly came to my mind that the party would have been even better with Luke here. I hadn't really thought of him much today, and guilt entered my head. I felt bad because he had been on my mind less and less lately and it worried me. Of course I still loved him; I always would and always have.

It seemed that I was gradually, helplessly letting him go. Like a glass hitting the floor, slowly slipping out of your grip and there's nothing you can do.