Epilogue

5 years later (Ebonie's POV)
'It's time'

I looked up at my boyfriend Liam and nodded. As I walked onstage with my bandmates, the wave of exhilaration hit me. We had been performing together for a while now, but even still it surprised me everytime I saw the fans out there. I was worried that they might hate me because Luke was irreplaceable, but they seemed to accept it.

---

A while back, 5sos had asked me if I wanted to take Luke's position in the band. I thought long and hard about it and I drew up a list of pros and cons.

Pros
-5sos would be a four piece again
-the boys have trust and faith in me
-its for Luke

Cons
-Luke
-the fans might hate?
-luke

I finally agreed to do it, out of respect for my soulmate. We had all celebrated and announced the news on Twitter. Sure, there was hate but most of the fans seem to have accepted it. They understood that I was doing this for Luke and the band, and it meant that there would be more touring and the band would rise again.

---

'Hey everybody!' I yelled out to the crowd. They cheered and laughed at my pun.
''This song is a bit of an older one. It reminds me of Luke and I so it really means a lot to me. For the older fans out there, you'll probably be familiar with 'Long Way Home', and for the newer fans, I hope you like it'' I continued.

We're taking the long way home
Taking the long way home

Take me back to the middle of nowhere
Back to the place only you and I share
Remember all the memories?
The fireflies and make-believe
Kicking back in the old school yard
Singing songs on our guitars
This is our reality
Crazy stupid, you and me

As we performed, images and videos of Luke and I flashed on the large screen. Of us playing guitar and singing, of us 'kicking back', of us exploring the countryside. The fans sang along to the chorus and it truly did warm my heart. I knew that the song meant a lot to them as well. By the end of the song, I had tears in my eyes and wiped them off. Cal, Ash and Michael all came over to give me a hug, which I really appreciated.

'TIME FOR A NEW SONG, DON'T YOU THINK? Ashton asked the audience.
Of course, the crowd cheered loudly and held up their signs.

'This one's for my beautiful fiancée Bryana. I know you're out there, I love you! The song's called "Forever Love"', he continued.

I smiled and played my guitar while Ashton played his drums. He had a solo in this song, so we made it more acoustic. The fans had gone crazy at the Ashton solo; they had been begging for one. Although we had taken a more 'rock' sound pathway, occasionally some acoustic songs like this came up and we just had to do them. Ashton wrote his solo dedicated to Bryana, and we all helped him write the rest of the song. (A/n: I'm brashton trash, fight me)

It will be forever love, forever love
You and I will soar above, will soar above

A security guy brought Bryana on stage and she had a big smile on her face. This was the first time we had performed it live on tour, even though she had heard it before. One by one, we gave her a big hug and I realised just how lucky I was to be living the dream with my best friends.

A/n: the end! By the way, that Forever Love song is completely made up. I hope you all enjoyed Dear Luke despite my lack of updates, and thank you for reading my story. I've loved writing Dear Luke and hearing your reactions. I'm sorry that some of you cried and got really emotional but that was the main idea :)
I love you all and I will start a new story soon called 'ephemeral', which is going to been a teen fiction. Stay safe and be happy!
-emily x