Chapters 1-4

Chapter One

"No I understand Amy. You have your own life," Kimberley smiled, her head nodding in understandment. The look on her sister's face was one of sadness. Her smile was only half hearted, and her eyes were watering. "I'm so happy for you."

Amy took hold of Kimberley's hands, holding them across the kitchen table, "I honestly don't wanna leave, but Ben wants me to move in." For the first time she broke eye contact from her older sister. Although she knew Kimberley was happy for her, she could tell she was also upset. 

"No Amy . . . this is good for you," and with that said, Kimberley got up from her chair, and made her way round to her younger sister's side. Kneeling down, she wrapped her arms around the girls waist and cuddled into her. "I'm so happy for you," she repeated.

*** 

So that's what brought her to today, a very dull day. After taking the advice of her sister, Kimberley decided to look for a lodger. To be honest, she would of quite happily let the first person that was interested move in, but her mum ordered her to hold interviews, scared that her daughter might invite a weirdo (her words, not Kimberley's) into her home.

Sighing, she looked down at her notes. The paper had nine names wrote on it, beside each one their was basic information scribbled down, and some details Kimberley had concluded herself.

Anne: 20, hairdresser. Nice girl, bubbly personality, but seems a bit too stupid for my liking.

Jenny: 18, unemployed. NOOO !

Sandra: 45, cleaner, 5 kids. Only have a two bedroom house.

Dean: 23, sales assistant, gay. Nice guy, but hes more feminine than me.

Amanda: 25, unemployed but her daddies rich and owns a chain of nightclubs. Ooh think of the perks.

Andy: 50, works in McDonalds. Weirdo, and I'll get fat.

Danielle: 28, beautician. Too pretty . . . might steal Justin from me.

John: 30, personal trainer. Might steal me from Justin.

Nicola: 35, waitress. Has the same name as my friend . . . would just be weird.

Kimberley laughed at her little comments, knowing they wouldn't appear remotely funny to anyone but herself. Lifting the pen from beside the notepad, she then wrote the last name down, which surprisingly she remembered.

* Ding Dong *

"God! I hope this one is normal," she mumbled to herself while getting up from her chair. After placing her empty coffee cup in the sink, she made her way out into the hall, and down towards the large wooden door. Sick to death with people trampsing in and out, the girl fixed a fake smile onto her face, and opened it. "Hello . . . you must be Cheryl."

Chapter Two

"Hey... Kimberley, right?" Holding her hand out, Cheryl waited for the woman's response, which didn't take long as Kimberley shook it gladly.

"Yeah," she smiled, the girls accent ringing in her ears.

'She's a Geordie.'

Suddenly Kimberley's smile turned from that of a fake one, into a genuine one. The girl seemed nice, no major downfalls... yet.

"Please... come in," she said. Stepping to the side, Kimberley waited until the woman had entered before shutting the door, and leading her down the hallway towards the kitchen. "Have a seat," pulling the chair away from the table, she montioned for the Geordie to sit down.