Chapter 12

"Bria? We have to leave soon!" Liam called from the front door. It was almost 2:45 and the wedding started at 4. And with the 30 plus minutes it takes to get there in weekend traffic, it would be a close call.

"I'm right here!" I said coming down the stairs.

"Wow, you're going to look prettier than the bride," Liam said sweetly.

"Thanks, but I doubt it," I shook my head.

"I like your hair curled," he complimented me.

I smiled. "You look nice,"

"You don't think I should get more dressed up?" He asked.

"No, I think it's perfect," I shook my head. He was wearing grey pants, a black tie, and a white button up with the sleeves rolled up a little.

"Alright, ready to go?" He changed the subject.

"Yep," I grabbed my bag and followed Liam out to his car. We were one of the last to arrive at the church. My mum had saved seats for us up in the first row, so it didn't really matter. We sat down and about 10 minutes later, Stephen got set at the altar. The music came on and out came Anna's three bridesmaids. We all stood as Anna came down the aisle with her father. She looked beautiful in her dress. The ceremony was short and sweet, and I even heard Anna's mother wailing. My mum had teared up but nothing like the loud sobs coming from the other side of the room.

My parents backyard had been transformed for the reception. There were tables set up and the caterers were setting out food on the patio. There was a small dance floor in the center of all of the tables where, after we had dinner, we watched the bride and groom have their first dance. They both looked so happy. After their dance, the dance floor opened up and the DJ played a bunch of fast songs. Liam and I danced for awhile, but after the sixth song we sat down for a minute to take a breather.

"I really like this song, but I'm tired all the sudden," I said as we got back to our table.

"Yeah, me too," Liam agreed. "Look, they're cutting the cake!" He pointed behind me. I turned around just in time to see Anna and Steve shove cake at each other. After both of them cleaned up a little, everyone went back to dancing. A few minutes later, another slow song came on.

"C'mon lets dance," Liam pulled me up. "I'm really glad that I came today," he smiled.

"Me too," I replied. I've danced with boys before and looking into their eyes and talking while being this close together had always been extremely awkward. But, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it never is with Liam. "All of my family really likes you, and I want to meet yours now," I said.

"I want you to meet them too! I know they will love you," Liam said.

The reception went until about 10:00 that night. Even though it wasn't that late, we decided just to sleep over at my parents house.

"Liam, you can stay in Stephens room," my mum said as we walked upstairs. I was about to say that we wanted to stay together, but I decided against it.

"His sheets and everything should be clean, and feel free to borrow any clothes that he's left here," she smiled.

I went across the hall to my room and got changed. I went out into the hallway and looked around the corner. My parents room is separate from mine and Stephens rooms. It's on the other side of the staircase and down a short hallway. Their door was shut and the light was off. It was safe. I lightly knocked on Liam's door. He opened it. He was wearing his boxers and a blue tshirt that Stephen had left behind. "Hey, my parents are asleep, we can stay together if you want," I suggested.

A smile flickered across his face. He nodded and followed me across the hall.

"It's a good thing my mum doesn't know that we've slept in the same bed together," I smirked.

"I don't think she would want to know," Liam climbed onto my queen sized bed. "I like the pink by the way," my sheets and comforter are all an obnoxious bright pink. I had picked them out back in high school.

"Thanks," I got in bed next to him and turned off the light.

"I couldn't help but think what it would be like if we got married, and what our wedding would be like," Liam said out of the blue.

"I thought the same thing," I admitted.

"You did?"

I nodded. "Mmhmm, people kept saying that you and I were next, and asking if we were planning on getting married,"

"What did you say?" He asked.

"I said that we didn't have any plans for that yet. I don't know. I didn't really know what to say."

Even though it was dark, I knew he was smiling. Liam shifted closer to me in the bed and wrapped his arms around me "We should go to sleep," Liam started. "I love you,"

"I love you too, Liam,"